Senior Analyst - Field Finance - Banana Republic North America Payroll
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
The Senior Analyst, Field Finance is responsible for managing store labor (the largest expense item on the brand's P&L) for Banana Republic Specialty stores in North America. This includes traditional budget, forecast and close responsibilities as well as providing strategic and analytical support for various ad hoc initiatives and proactively identifying opportunities along with recommendations. This position reports directly to the Labor Strategy Manager on the Field Finance team and frequently interacts with both headquarters and field leadership.
• Effectively manage Store Payroll and Benefits expenses for the fleet and own development and communication of monthly financial forecasts/close that accurately predict business performance and highlight key issues for management.
• Develop the annual budget and long-range plans for Store Payroll and benefits that meet all FP&A requirements, are aligned with BR strategies, and incorporate input from key business partners.
• Provide strategic direction and analytical support for new and different ways of managing labor in a constantly changing business environment.
• Partner with Manager and various Field and HQ business partners to support, analyze and pilot various labor related initiatives.
• Identify key drivers of risk and opportunity and proactively investigate and develop recommendations to mitigate risk or capture opportunities.
• Completely own, understand and manage the labor model, ensuring it has the highest level of data integrity (e.g. store attributes, time standards, weekly forecast and budget data inputs). Partner with IT to implement updates on functionality or enhancements and ensure the model is functioning properly and archived records are maintained.
• Own weekly responsibilities: hindsight reporting, loading weekly forecast workload drivers, and preparing and delivering of store level staffing reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent required. MBA a plus.
- 3-5 years of Finance experience required. Retail experience a plus
- Must have strong technical skills and the ability to learn, troubleshoot and own/manage highly complicated models. Must be extremely proficient in Excel (Macros and VBA a plus) and Essbase.
- Strong technical aptitude including the ability to learn company systems and tools
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions
- Demonstrated ability to fully own and manage multiple tasks/projects, to prioritize adapt to a changing, fast paced environment
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy on work output
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills. Must have the ability to synthesize large amounts of data into a cohesive framework
- Desire to challenge existing processes to identify opportunities to streamline and affect meaningful change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with all levels of management
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top