Senior Analyst - Control & Divisional Finance
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
The Senior Analyst of Control & Divisional Finance supports the monthly close process as well as headquarters payroll, benefits, travel, consulting, and multiple other account categories across several departments. This analyst will establish and maintain collaborative working relationship with CCG, CSSC, ON FP&A Team, Corporate FP&A, Brand Expense Owners and Old Navy leaders.
Control: Assist Manager of Control with the following
- Coordinate monthly close process to ensure timely and accurate deliverables
- Serve as a resource to Old Navy Finance team on accounting guidance and control processes and procedures
- Review contracts, marketing programs, donation programs, etc. for accounting items and ensure items are accounted for properly
Budget, Forecast, Close
- Coordinate the annual budget with executive leaders and cross-functional business partners, and ensure accuracy of budget uploads
- Manage monthly forecasting process across multiple departments
- Manage close process, ensure completeness of accruals and explain variances to forecast
- Manage ON bonus model & ON Global allocations
- Work closely with HR to track headcount changes and assess related financial impact
Work with Executive Leaders
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with executive leadership team
- Provide financial and business support to Leadership Team
- Present monthly results to executive leadership across multiple departments and partner with them to drive cost savings and identify creative solutions to manage expenses
- Analyze variances and proactively implement opportunities for improvement
- Perform a variety of business analysis that will be driven by Corporate Finance
- Work closely with functional areas to understand business flow and key drivers that affect divisional expenses
- Manage forecast and reporting tools and identify process improvements as we expand globally
- Drive Results
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Learning Agility
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. MBA/CPA a plus
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
- Minimum 3 years work experience in financial analysis, accounting or auditing
- Strong working knowledge of Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with all levels of management and articulate financial concepts to business partners outside of finance in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of Oracle financial systems and Essbase a plus
- Proven analytical ability and creative problem solving skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm to drive results with a team-oriented approach
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top