Senior Analyst, Company Planning, Finance
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
Job Summary: The position will support planning and forecasting processes, development of annual budgets, monthly forecast submission and comparisons. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for tops-down sales, margin and inventory forecasts. They will work collaboratively with business partners across the organization to drive decisions aimed at maximizing sales and profitability.
- Recap and analyze business results versus plan and forecast on a daily/monthly/quarterly and ad-hoc basis
- Develop detailed annual plans (sales, margin, and inventory) that support the brand's business strategy
- Develop sales, margin, and inventory forecasts and submit monthly to Corporate
- Partner with Inventory Management to ensure merchandise plans/forecasts align/reconcile with the total company's plan/forecasts
- Partner with Marketing to ensure commercial plan/strategy aligns with the market's financial targets
- Build ad-hoc projections and provide decision support to brand leadership on events and promotions
- Support the financial evaluation of any new business opportunities, including modeling the impact of any new store openings in an emerging market
- Present financial plans, including business risks and opportunities
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships and influence others
- Ability to synthesize business performance into key highlights, root cause analysis and action plans
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects (including ad hoc requests) with tight timelines
- Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications and system
- Microstrategy and/or Essbase experience a plus
- Bachelors degree required; MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of financial planning, forecasting and analysis experience required
- Inventory management and/or retail planning experience strongly preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top