Senior Analyst - Company Planning, Digital
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
Athleta's Company Planning Senior Analyst will be responsible for supporting the brand's planning and forecasting processes for the Online channel. This person will work collaboratively with business partners across the organization in Inventory Management, Marketing, and Ecommerce to drive decisions aimed at maximizing sales and profitability. This role will provide high exposure across the brand and Gap Inc. and will play a critical role in ensuring one of Gap Inc.'s emerging brands continues to successfully grow.
- Recap and analyze business results versus budget, forecast and history on a daily/monthly/quarterly and ad-hoc basis
- Own sales and margin forecasting (including direct demand, shipping, and returns) for Athleta Online and inventory forecasting for Athleta Omnichannel.
- Develop tops-down daily, weekly, and monthly sales projections to support the monthly corporate forecast and to inform cross-functional business partners. Clearly articulate the strategies behind the forecast as well as identify risk and opportunities.
- Develop sales and inventory budgets for future seasons. Partner with Inventory Planning, Marketing, and Finance teams to assess and communicate the impact of strategic initiatives during pre-season milestones. Lead the Online annual budget process.
- Develop ad hoc financial models and analysis that clearly quantify the cost / benefit of key and new business initiatives. Initiate analyses to solve problems, create alternatives, and provide recommendations to leadership based on quantitative and objective analysis.
- Cultivate a positive, collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment. Commitment to our brand values and our mission "to ignite a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential."
- Strategic and analytical thought partner with strong financial acumen and high proficiency in financial/analytical modeling.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, follow-through and accountability for results.
- Makes sense of a vast range of information from multiple sources to conceptualize, drive creativity, problem solve, and follow through on action.
- A curiosity that challenges the status quo, actively seeks new experiences, knowledge, and challenges. Takes risks, learns quickly, and applies to strategies go forward.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects and ad hoc requests with tight timelines.
- Team player with a positive attitude and proven ability to develop effective and influential business relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong technical aptitude, including ability to learn company systems/tools and create process efficiencies.
- eCommerce/Omnichannel experience strongly preferred.
- BA/BS with emphasis on finance, business and/or economics preferred.
- 3-5 years of financial planning, forecasting and analysis experience required. Experience in Company Planning or Inventory Planning preferred.
- Very strong command of Microsoft Excel. Essbase, Omniture, NOVA and Venus a plus.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top