Senior Analyst - Company Planning
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
General Summary: Support achievement of Banana Republic Store's plans and forecasts by influencing leaders and cross-functional partners to make smart investments through sound financial analysis and recommendations. We are looking for someone who not only possesses core financial skills but can also evolve processes with long term solutions to accommodate our changing business.
- BR Company Planning manages the financial planning processes, which include the monthly forecast, and annual budget, for sales, margin, and inventory for BR's portfolio of businesses.
- Serve as liaison between BR Finance, BR Inventory Management, Marketing teams and Corporate Finance, providing guidance and reporting for merchandise forecasts and plans.
- Develop and align with cross-functional business partners on near-term and long-term forecasts for comp levers, sales, margin and inventory metrics.
- In-Season: Develop daily, weekly, and monthly sales projections to support the monthly corporate forecast (PCF) and to inform cross-functional business partners about sales expectations. Learn and utilize numerous forecasting techniques (builds, comps, trend projections, etc.) to identify the range of possible outcomes. Clearly articulate risk and opportunity to the forecast.
- Pre-Season: Develop sales and inventory buy plans for future seasons. Partner with Inventory Management, Finance, and Company Planning peers to assess and communicate the impact of strategic initiatives during buy-planning milestone meetings. Participate in and lead part of the annual budget process. Support the corporate "Credit Line" process used to manage Gap Inc's overall inventory position.
- Develop, maintain and ensure data integrity of relevant forecasting and reporting tools.
- Develop financial models and ad hoc analysis that clearly quantifies the cost/benefit of key business initiatives. Initiate analyses to solve problems, create alternatives and guide brand investment decisions. Take initiative to drive change and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establish a track record of clear communication up, down and across the organization. Be able to influence others. Provide thought leadership and strong financial point of view to business partners.
- Develop and maintain effective cross-functional and cross-divisional relationships.
- Cultivate a positive, collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA a plus
- 4-6 years of financial and business analysis. Retail planning experience preferred
- Proven analytical ability and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to formulate strategies and identify trends through research and data analysis
- Ability to transform quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations and communicate them in a compelling way
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can confidently articulate a point of view, but also explain the risk and opportunities to that p.o.v.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems and become a technical expert on the team
- Evaluate current processes and tools to drive efficiencies and value added enhancements
- Extensive Excel experience required and Essbase experience preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top