Senior Analyst - Category Strategy (Data Analytic Focus)
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Assists with and provides assessment and analysis to provide data for decision making, identifying opportunity, and improving process to operate efficiently. The role partners successfully with varied functions and participates in project teams that work on a diverse scope of complex projects and initiatives.
What you will do
- Provide costing & sourcing data analytics to understand business and create visibility to enable decision making.
- Support ad hoc analysis and special projects within Global Supply Chain as needed.
- Develop advanced business and financial models to drive sensitivity analysis.
- Own and manage regular key performance metrics and reporting (i.e., monthly scorecards, SOT, etc.).
- Support in preparing presentation documents and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management.
- Build relationships and effectively partner across varied functions to influence changes.
- Participate in cross category strategy group meetings and activities.
- English verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Tableau/QlikSense/Power BI
- Ideally exposure and/or good command of Alteryx, SAS, Python or R
- Passion for data science and keen to learn new data analytics programs and/or programming languages
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadline
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Ability to learn and become subject matter expert quickly
- Highly motivated; demonstrates a "can-do" approach in being proactive with work assignments
- Experience in a dynamic organization with experience and exposure to sourcing strategies
- Ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence
Back to top