Senior Analyst - Capacity Planning, Sourcing Strategy
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The role is responsible for managing the Capacity Planning process across categories at Gap Inc. The role will involve developing and implementing continuous improvement techniques to enhance process efficiency while working closely with the Category teams and Responsive Supply Chain/Capacity planning teams within Sourcing Strategy.
What you will do
- Plan seasonal and long-term capacity with key garment vendors
- Manage seasonal capacity allocation and risks/opportunities
- Create reports, draw insights and drive actionable outcomes and resolution in collaboration with cross functional teams
- Drive seasonal Capacity loading discussion involving multiple stakeholders at Category level
- Lead and drive continuous improvement to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Capacity Planning process
- Ensure sound control in overall Capacity planning and assist the manager to lead process improvement and implementation.
- Drive the operational excellence and performance to support business dynamics and expectations, with proactive collaborations with other functions including product development, operations, Category Strategy and vendors.
- Support ad hoc analysis and special projects within Global Supply Chain as needed
- Support in preparing presentation documents and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Build relationships and effectively partner across varied functions to influence changes
Who you are
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in business administration, statistics, operation/supply-chain management, or related discipline
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel required and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Ability to work in a detail oriented, highly collaborative and data analysis driven environment
- Ability to collaborate and influence multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams to drive resolution
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadline
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and become subject matter expert quickly
- Highly motivated; demonstrates a "can-do" approach in being proactive with work assignments
- Experience in a dynamic organization with experience and exposure to sourcing strategies
- Ability to interact with senior leaders and demonstrate a professional presence
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top