Senior Analyst, Business Strategy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
- Drive insights and build knowledge of key market, competitor, and customer dynamics.
- Perform analyses to understand Old Navy's competitors and trends in the industry
- Analyze consumer insights data to identify actionable opportunities for Old Navy
- Support development of Old Navy's long-term strategic plan, including Brand leadership strategies and priorities, including content for Board of Directors
- Execute key analyses, e.g., market and competitor assessments, financial performance analysis
- Work across levels and functions, including both internal and external service providers and business partners to gather data, gain insight, and drive detailed recommendations
- Support cross-functional brand strategy and operational initiatives, reporting to the Director of Business Strategy. Examples of activities:
- Identify key issues and scope and plan the underlying analyses that will yield critical answers
- Execute data gathering and conduct research and analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Deliver timely, zero-defect execution of analysis, with minimal support
- Prepare impactful and concise executive-level presentations and assist in presenting findings
- Work closely with Director and Senior Vice President in developing supporting analyses for various projects
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
The candidate selected for this position will be a self-motivated, high energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must be analytical and persuasive in their relationships and be able to gain and hold the respect of key stakeholders within the company.
- Analytical Rigor - Ability to run complicated quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner. Mastery of Microsoft Excel is critical to this role (knowledge of VBA preferred)
- Structured and logical thinking - Ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis.
- Powerful Communication – Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper. Mastery of Microsoft Powerpoint is critical to this role.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – A consensus building, upbeat team contributor. Ability to work collaboratively across levels and functions to build trust and respect. Strong professional presence.
- Creative Thinking - A combination of out of the box thinking and the ability to question status quo and generally accepted beliefs. Able to generate innovative insights from analysis to drive actionable results
- Exceptional Organization - Highly organized, and strong planning and time management skills. Strong attention to detail.
BA/BS degree required
1-3 years of work experience, preferably with some experience in the retail industry, management consulting and/or investment banking
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top