Senior Analyst - Advanced Analytics
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
About Gap Inc.'s Global Supply Chain & Product Operations
From cotton to customer, our Global Supply Chain and Product Operations organization is comprised of thousands of employees who source, make, and deliver Gap Inc.'s iconic American style. Our five brands - Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta and Intermix - retail in more than 90 countries across multiple channels including online, stores, outlet and franchise.
Meet the Team
The Strategy & Product Operations team is focused on developing a best-in-class Product to Market process. Our team drives strategy and capability development (people/process/tools) in support of global growth, customer responsiveness and speed.
Within that larger group the Sourcing and Reporting Advanced Analytics team's mission is to be an analytics powerhouse. We provide our business partners insights on end-to-end supply chain related metrics and opportunities. We are customer-centric and strive to deliver outstanding results while dealing with ambiguity.
Our mission is to understand the requirements of our key stakeholder's and leverage strong data skills to survey the system landscape such that we can deliver relevant insights and reporting metrics for critical decision making.
We are a close knit team, passionate about data and customer service.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a key member of the team, support cross functional projects to support international growth and to execute opportunities to leverage Gap's scale.
- Support analysis and execution of strategic initiatives and the processes, tools and systems needed to support them
- Identifying process improvement opportunities. Streamline report production process and support moving away from legacy tools (Excel, Access)
- Identifying any reporting issues due to to gaps we may have in our systems landscape and working to resolve these with IT partners
- Maintain and develop costing, financial and optimization modeling.
- Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to partner on analytics and processes
- Develop knowledge of tools and systems that impact supply chain.
- Prepare presentation documents and assist in presenting finding to all levels of management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity.
- Comfort with data analysis & management, and associated tools in complex IT landscapes
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Experience with process mapping and or data visualization a plus
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Experience with retail/consumer goods supply chains a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Operations or related analytic field
- BA/BS required
- 2-4 years of experience in analytics, strategy, management consulting, finance, operations, retail/consumer products or similar analytic role
- Advanced used of MS Excel
- SQL (SQL server, Teradata)
- Either R or Python
- Tableau, PowerBI or other
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top