Senior Accountant/Analyst - Finance - Global Supply Chain and Product Operations
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
About Gap Inc.'s Global Supply Chain & Product Operations
From cotton to customer, our Global Supply Chain and Product Operations organization is comprised of thousands of employees who source, make, and deliver Gap Inc.'s iconic American style. Our five brands - Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta and Intermix - retail in more than 90 countries across multiple channels including online, stores, outlet and franchise.
As consumers continue to reinvent the interaction between customer and brand, Gap Inc. is transforming the way we bring product to market to better serve our technology-savvy, product obsessed, value conscious global customer base. From innovating at the component level with our factory and mill partners to driving new technological capabilities in merchandise and inventory planning, and developing a fast, flexible logistics and fulfillment network, Global Supply Chain and Product Operations is the heartbeat of Gap Inc.'s enterprise-wide evolution.
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of retail are changing rapidly. It is no longer enough for supply chains and operations to be just "execution engines." We must deliver real value to our growing global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. We do this through the relentless pursuit of great product, consumer response, operating advantage and positive community impact.
The Global Supply Chain (GSC) Finance team is responsible for all aspects of the financial performance management of Gap Inc.'s global supply chain, including accounting and forecasting for the GSC Sourcing, Logistics, Strategic Sourcing and other support functions. We partner with the Global Sourcing and Global Logistics operational teams to develop and achieve GSC's financial and operational goals.
Within GSC Finance, the Accounting & Controls team is responsible for the consolidation of monthly and quarterly results and all that entails to provide close packages, cause of change and support ad-hoc requests for external reporting. This Sr. Accountant role serves as the Corporate liaison for all other Gap Inc. teams as it relates to the accounting and controls associated with Gap International Sourcing (GIS). The role includes supporting all GIS accounting including required statutory reporting, coordination of funding and support for all internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR). The Sr. Accountant must manage multiple priorities concurrently and take ownership for cross-department follow-up and support as it relates to GIS financials.
GSC Sr. Accountant is responsible for maintaining strong collaboration and working relationships with the following teams:
- GSC FP&A Team - To support accounting and forecasting of GIS as well as all budget support activities
- Corporate Treasury - To request / coordinate wiring of funds to operate GIS Hub locations
- Corporate Controllers Group (CCG) - To provide month-end and quarter-end deliverables (e.g., close packages, PBC requests, legal entity reporting, etc.)
- Corporate Tax - Provide monthly financials for preparation of tax provisions
- Corporate Shared Services Center (CSSC) - Shares GIS commission income, banking and other relevant GIS information
- Sourcing Hub Finance Teams - Serve as liaison across Gap Inc. for all Accounting and Control needs
- Posts all relevant journal entries from a consolidated GIS perspective (e.g., intercompany transactions)
- Consolidate monthly close (P&L, Balance Sheet, etc.) for our GIS hubs located in Hong Kong, India, etc. including cause of change
- Present monthly financial results to GSC CFO
- Oversee GIS statutory reporting activities through reviewing of financial statements and facilitation of annual audits, tax returns, country filings, etc. for GIS
- Owns the relationship with 3rd Party Accounting firms supporting Central America and posts relevant entries to the General Ledger
- Perform Cash flow forecasting and co-coordinate cash funding requests, including intercompany dividends
- Provide legal entity support to the CCG
- Complete GL account reconciliations monthly
- Monitor business activities to ensure that associated accounting issues are addressed
- Continuous improvement of control environment, including SOX certifications
- Provide ad hoc analytical support and perform special projects as needed
- Develop and maintain effective relationships across the organization
- 5 years Accounting experience
- CPA license required
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Understanding of consolidations, foreign exchange and statutory reporting
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners globally (and take overseas calls outside of normal business hours on an occasional basis)
- Detail oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Ability to adapt to an ambiguous, fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; works well as a part of a team; able to interact with various management levels
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Excellent Excel skills and experience with financial systems (Oracle Financial Systems desired)
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top