Senior Accountant - Accounting Policies
About the role
The Corporate Controller's Group is the central finance organization within Gap Inc. that is responsible for the several functions related to the financial reporting and close process, including Accounting Policies. Through critical thinking, research and analysis, and partnership with the business, we support key financial decisions and manage the library of accounting policies which follow U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
As the Senior Accountant of the Accounting Policies team, your responsibilities will include researching and drafting new accounting policies as needed based on changes in Gap Inc. processes and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting principles. You will also be responsible for updating existing policies to reflect current processes and accounting, and enforcing the policies across global Gap Inc. brands and functions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in public accounting with excellent communication and technical research skills.
What you'll do
- Manage the global accounting policies database to ensure compliance with U.S. G AAP and respond to questions from the Gap Inc finance community.
- Drive compliance reviews to ensure policies are understood and executed effectively across all brands and functions.
- Act as an accounting policy resource for the company and communicate with business partners to ensure all policy questions are addressed and resolved.
- Assess the impact of new accounting pronouncements on our existing accounting policies and help implement necessary changes across the company.
- Review and prepare various materials related to SEC filings, including the quarterly earnings press release and Audit & Finance Committee materials.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of business partners and policy owners across corporate, global, and brand functions.
- Manage special projects related to policy and technical matters.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA or certification in process required
- 3+ years of experience; public accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting skills and familiarity with accounting research tools
- Excellent project management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to earn trust and confidence of business partners, positive attitude, strong leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and communication skills
Back to top