Senior Account/Analyst - Payables Reporting & Analytics
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead payables reporting and analytics team
- Responsible for development, preparation and review of payables reporting and analytics
- Use Oracle and report query tools to extract GL information
- Prepare charts, graphs, and presentations to evaluate business initiatives
- Develop and maintain user friendly reporting tools
- Support business initiatives/strategies, projects and systemic improvements
- Develop a thorough understanding of relevant data flows to be recognized as a subject matter expert for customer
- Understand key factors and measurements and apply knowledge to ongoing responsibilities and assignments
- Serve as a thought partner and liaison with business partners outside team to proactively identify and communicate
business issues as well as share best practices across customers
- Supports month-end close processes (forecasting, JVs, reconciliation support)
- Supervise daily work flow for employees, prepare evaluations and provide developmental guidance
- Communicate expectations clearly to team and be a professional role model
- Vocalize support of leadership and departmental decisions
- Focus on achieving team expectations and standards, hold yourself and team accountable
- Work with others to bring form / structure to ambiguous situations
- Solicit input and feedback from customers regarding satisfaction on deliverables
4400 MASTHEAD ST.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting including understanding of balance sheet, income statement.
- Strong understanding of Oracle Financial, OBIEE and ADI.
- Understanding of business planning, such as budgeting and forecasting
- Possess a thorough knowledge of operational, accounting and financial systems, principles and theory
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present information to management
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Access (Create, run and maintain), Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, logic statements, macros), Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated accuracy in managing data and information
- Ability to present information in a meaningful manner
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to drive results
- Work successfully with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work with related parties to drive success
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; Can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; Keeps confidences; Admits mistakes; Doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; Holds frequent development discussions; Is aware of each person's career goals; Constructs compelling development plans and executes them; Pushes people to accept developmental moves; Will take on those who need help and further development; Cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; Is a people builder.
- Managing and Measuring Work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; Sets clear objectives and measures; Monitors process, progress and results; Designs feedback loops into work.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; Most of his/her solutions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; Sets objectives and goals; Breaks down work into the process steps; Develops schedules and task/people assignments; Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; Measures performance against goals; Evaluates results.
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; Can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; Can assess each persons hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; Pushes tasks and decisions down' Empowers others; Invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; Makes each individual feel his/her work is important; Is someone people like working for and with.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Back to top