Senior Access Management Engineer, SE III
The GapTech team is chartered with driving revenue and profit growth in Gap’s online and direct channel business through the development and implementation of analytics, decision support systems, and predictive models for profit maximizing analytical processes.
InfoSec SecOps engineers and operates all on premise security technology used to protect Gap Inc. information assets. We deliver technical security capabilities to GapTech customers that minimize threats to the business. We drive the security technology roadmap, improving and enhancing GapTech ability to protect, detect, and respond to technical threats.
The SecOps IAM team is looking for enthusiastic and security minded developers. Potential candidates tend to be curious learners, apply their skills to understand the challenge provided to solve, build and maintain a robust IAM solution. Candidates will also need to have knowledge of directories, databases and cloud (SaaS/PaaS) integrations.
- The candidate will need to fully understand existing authentication and federation ecosystems, be able to design solutions for ongoing business requirements and be hands-on to drive the implementation process.
- Assess current environment and make continuous improvement to it to align with future state architecture.
- Work closely with Architects, Application owners, Product managers to drive SSO-enablement of applications
- Deliver SSO Federation (SAML/OAuth/OpenID-Connect) solutions for internal applications and externally-hosted SaaS applications
- Work with vendors and third parties to evaluate new products, features and solutions
- Work with App teams to assist with delivery of fine-grained authorizations
- Lead meetings with internal stakeholders across IT and the business
- Work closely with IAM, Network, Data Protection and Product Security team members to ensure the best solution is delivered in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain SSO artifacts (strategy, decisions, solution design, etc.)
- Experience in PingFederate, TAM or similar SSO products
- Experience with integrating using Kerberos, OAuth, OpenID Connect
- Experience in Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – soft/hard token solutions, OTP, PKI/Certificates, Web Servers (Apache, Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss, IIS)
- Experience working on large, cross functional, globally distributed and complex projects
- Hands-on, results-oriented, delivery-driven individual requiring minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively to team members
- Ability to multi task, change focus based on prioritization, work in a high-pressure, fast-moving environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Influence the strategy in the SSO and Access Management space by consistently comparing current processes with regulatory requirements and current industry best practices
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
Minimum Educational Level:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Security certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, etc. preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in Information Security
- 4+ years’ experience in managing Single Sign-On (SSO) environments, SSO Federation (SAML) both as an IDP and SP
- 5+ years of development skills (.NET, Java, Web services, scripting)
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top