Seasonal Transportation Specialist (First Shift)
7am - 3pm Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat
Anticipated Duration of Seasonal Employment:
June, 2017 to December, 2017
Merchandise Discount Only
SUMMARY:Execute department-specific functions to ensure Gap Inc. shipments meet service and delivery requirements with the goal of optimizing cost and service performance improvement. The primary responsibilities include; providing superior customer service by initiating proactive communication regarding delivery issues and initiatives to our US, Canada, Europe, Asia and Mexico Retail Stores, Brands, Corporate Leadership, Field Leadership, Logistics Business Partners, Linehaul Carriers, and Third Party Providers. The work performed by the Transportation Specialist ensures the successful movement and processing of Gap Inc. product in and out of our DCs, through our Linehaul Carriers/Third Party Providers, and Schwarz supply network to our Retail Store Locations. In addition this position will provide backup coverage for the Carrier Planning team during any operational needs or off-hours throughout the week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately communicate service and support improvement opportunities to the Operations Teams management, DCs, CT, Logistics Planning, Third Party Providers, Hub team, and/or Corporate Planning and Communications groups.
- Ensure communication of all delivery changes and/or updates to all field, distribution, and planning personnel
- Assist Transportation Management on key projects by providing support and analysis as needed or requested
- Support team goals aligned with business vision/operating plan
- Support Brand-specific initiatives and programs
- Act as immediate point-of-contact for issue identification/resolution and escalate as appropriate
- Staff Frontline Operational phone lines and email mailboxes to record, address, and update delivery issues reported from the field within 24 hours, to drive service improvement.
- Align daily decision-making and individual performance goals with business strategy and operating plan
- Communicate opportunities to maintain/improve service and minimize costs in support of departmental budget
- Support multi language and culture customer base
- Demonstrate technical/functional skills and knowledge to meet performance expectations
- Conduct root-cause analysis on key business issues for issue resolution and to take appropriate resolution action to prevent future occurrence and deliver work outputs that meet the needs of targeted customers
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of transportation processes to ensure decision-making positively impacts performance and incorporate insights from industry and customers in decision-making
- Communicate critical information to internal and external partners in clear, concise, and professional manner
- Pro-actively educate and respond to stakeholders and service partners with accurate and timely detail
- Responsible for the Inbound/Outbound load tracking: publication, case creation and alert management to ensure on time dispatches are captured and communicated.
- Provide daily transportation operations direction and support to all types of transportation carriers, deconsolidation facilities and distribution centers, international inbound planning, SV&D, DC/CD Shipping/Receiving, and Inventory Control management to coordinate release and delivery of merchandise to stores.
- Provide planning backup support as needed to optimize freight movements by using TM system
- Meet or exceed all customer, technical, dashboard, and operational performance/quality standards
- Own self-development through COMPASS process, 1:1 touchbase meetings, Talent Profile update, and planning professional developmental goals to increase functional expertise
- Partner with leadership on additional duties, cross-functional support needs and projects as requested
- Support on-boarding and knowledge transfer by educating peers/new hires
1360 DOLWICK DRIVE
- Excellent Customer Service skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Professional Phone Presence
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Strong Problem-Solving, Organizational, Planning, Conflict Resolution, Analytical skills, Decision Making
- Computer Skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications required
- Ability to work under pressure with high sense of urgency and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to drive for results
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong Attention to Detail and Follow-up
- Ability to make decisions independently and work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Supply Chain
- Knowledge of TM, Order Collaboration, BOL Builder, and TSR preferred
- Transportation or carrier management experience preferred
2) Minimum experience:
- 2 years professional experience in Logistics, Retail, Call Center, Customer Service or equivalent education
3) Minimum educational level:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent retail, customer service, and/or logistics experience preferred
4) Physical Requirements:
- Minimal Travel Required
- Flexible to work non-traditional hours (shift, weekend, and holidays) to support 24x7 operations
- Flexible to adjust hours/schedule on short-notice (same day/weekend) to support unplanned issue resolution
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top