Seasonal Sales Associate - Flatbush
Join our team and enjoy a 50% discount at our family of brands.
Applicable to regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
As a seasonal sales associate, your responsibilities, shifts, and employment period will be based on the needs of the business. Your leader will communicate your last day of employment as your assignment comes to an end. A seasonal position can lead to a regular position with Gap Inc.
The Seasonal Sales Associate generates sales and cultivates customer loyalty by ensuring customer relationships are created and maintained while ensuring a neat, clean and organized store. Seasonal Sales Associates are responsible for creating an exceptional Brand experience in the store and are expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the Leader on Duty or as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Displays a "customer is the priority" mindset at all times
- Consistently treats all Gap customers and employees with respect and contributes to a positive work environment
- Accountable to contribute to the achievement of store goals and results
- Upholds the commitments to the company's processes, values and Code of Business Conduct
- Collaborates with store team to develop innovative solutions to business needs
- May flex between customer or support roles as needed by the business
- Meets or exceeds Company expectations of customer service throughout the store: genuine/authentic interactions, offering solutions or ideas to customers, providing guidance on product fit and style, fitting room experience, loyalty programs, communication and execution of customer promotions / incentives, etc.
- Executes Omni-Channel processes to ensure customer needs are met (i.e., SFS, RIS)
- Promotes customer loyalty by educating customers about our" loyalty" programs
- Communicates customer feedback and opportunities with the management team to improve the overall customer experience
- Offers current style advice and is knowledgeable on trends as well as the products we offer
- Performs various product placement, replenishment and recovery tasks to maintain a visually appealing, easy shopping experience for our customers
- Perform cash register functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 30lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shift.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top