Seasonal Merchandise Handler-Groveport, Ohio
GAP INC. is NOW HIRING
SEASONAL Warehouse Workers!!!
We are holding open interviews
- Competitive Pay
- Ability to transition to full time in as little as 4 weeks!
- Variety of Schedules
- Generous Employee Discounts
- Clean and Safe work environment
We are located at:
6001 Green Pointe Dr. S
Groveport, OH 43125
Please make sure your employee referrals bring 2 forms of ID (i.e.valid picture ID: drivers license or state ID AND one of the following: social security card, birth certificate or passport).
GENERAL SUMMARY: Works with peers to prepare and move merchandise according to established safety, production, and accuracy standards and employment guidelines. Maintains and verifies documentation to facilitate the flow of merchandise through the DC. Performance will directly impact overall safety, cost and service metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies basic skills and procedural knowledge within assigned work area.
- Loads and unloads cartons.
- Performs data entry through computer terminals or Remote Data Terminals (RDT)
- Performs ticketing, stocking, picking, packing, counting, housekeeping and safety functions, such as:
- Inbound – Receives all inbound cartons, performs any needed quality audits, updates system, and palletizes cartons
- Order Filler – Locates merchandise based on system and accurately completes order and sends to shipping.
- Operates motorized material handling equipment as required based on department and facility requirements.
- Collaborates with team members in support of process improvements and cost reductions.
- Understands team objectives and service requirements within assigned work area by listening and asking appropriate questions to identify basic customer needs and seeks clarification.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks
- Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Communicates daily with team members and management about operational procedures.
- Supports campus safety program
6001 GREENPOINT DRIVE
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must be able to work independently and as a team, as assigned
- Make accurate and efficient inventory counts and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Able to understand and communicate oral and written instruction
- Able to maintain a positive, professional and constructive tone with team members and management
- Understand and be able to learn industry specific technology
- Must be licensed prior to operating motorized material handling equipment
- Must be able to read and write English
2) Minimum educational level:
- High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent experience
3) Minimum experience:
- Warehouse experience preferred
4) Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stack cartons for up to 12 hours at a time.
- Stand for long periods of time and walk continuously
- Associates may be required to lift up to 50lbs. Specific weight requirements may vary within each department
- Base schedule of eight hours per shift; overtime schedules will vary however may reach up to 12 hours per shift and is required of all employees
- A forty-hour workweek is not guaranteed, due to fluctuation in workflow
- Ability to work on one, two, or three shifts across Campus based on business need
- The physical climate varies; hot and cold extremes may be experienced
- Specific functions may require protective equipment
- Drug and Alcohol free work environment
- Wear protective equipment and shoes with rubber soles and closed toes, as required
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top