Seasonal Human Resources Assistant
GENERAL SUMMARY : Provide front line HR customer service to all employees and business partners. The hours will be 9:00am to 5:00pm with the flexibility to work an hour earlier or later as needed. Essential Duties & Responsibilities : Process administration paperwork Check paperwork for accuracy and completeness Forward and track incomplete paperwork to Employment team Key new employees into HR systems (Kronos and PeopleSoft) within projected deadlines Process data change forms into HR systems (Kronos and PeopleSoft) Provide quality frontline HR customer service to all employees and business partners. Assist employees entering the HR Center Provide customer service through interacting and engaging with employees Provide People Center support for employees (W-4, Direct Deposit, Address changes, etc…) Respond to wage/employment verification requests Ability to problem solve payroll issues and resolve with corporate payroll. Support the administrative needs of the HR department Partner with HR Coordinator on resolving payroll issues Set up new and remove termed employees in HR systems and serve as a Kronos contact for facilitates Maintain employee files for the facility Prepare paychecks for distribution each week File documents in employee files (corrective action, data changes, etc.) Enter and track employee corrective action and terminations into database Support Employment team with New Hire Orientations. Assist with projects relating to all areas of HR (ER, Recruiting, Comp/Benefits, etc) Contribute to raising the standard for the overall effectiveness and cohesiveness of the HR team Ensure effective communications—up, down and across the business Model Gap Inc. culture- Wear Your Passion Organizational Relationships : Interact with all levels of the leadership team, business partners and peers.
- Required qualifications:
- Very approachable, strong focus on customer service, ability to engage employees
- Strong public speaking skills needed
- Strong communication, face to face problem resolution, and de-escalation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to learn on the job in a fast paced environment
- High level of confidentiality
- Effective organizational & time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accurate data entry skills
- Ability to multi-task and work at a rapid pace while switching from one task to another frequently.
- Flexible to work variable schedules and other departments of the business
- Periodic travel between facilities
- Basic knowledge of Kronos and/or PeopleSoft or related HRIS or strong computer skills
- Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- PC skills: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access and / or other software / database skills
- Competent computer and keyboard skills to accurately key information into the HR systems
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Minimum experience:
- 1-2 years of Customer Service or Human Resources experience required
- Distribution/Call Center environment experience preferred
- College level course work in Human Resources or Business Management preferred
- Administrative or project related experience
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top