Seasonal Employment Coordinator
This is a temporary position!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Application review, telephone / in-person interview Distribution Center candidates.
- Data entry of application information and updates into e-recruiting software or Access database.
- Schedule group or individual interviews on a daily basis for open positions.
- Meet, greet and sign-in candidates for interview and new hire orientation.
- Facilitate tours during group interviews.
- Assist in the completion of new hire offer paperwork.
- Co-Facilitate group interviews and select the most qualified candidates, in conjunction with hiring Supervisor/Manager.
- Enter background check information into GIS system.
- Maintain pre-employment screening (background and drug test) results in Excel spreadsheet.
- Track background results and drug screen results.
- Inform new hires of failed drug screen and/or background check results.
- Assist with administration and preparation of New Employee Orientation (NEO).
- Attend job fairs and recruiting events.
- "Resume mine" job boards and Taleo to identify potential candidates.
- Identify critical HR issues and report them to HR Generalist.
- Assist with additional recruiting needs as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining overall department standards for consistency/quality.
- Ensure effective communications – up, down and across the business.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS:Interact with the leadership team, business partners and peers.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Flexible hours and availability to work additional hours, on weekends as necessary and in other departments of the business
- High level of confidentiality
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Periodic travel to career fairs and recruiting events
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times
- Creativity to suggest improvements to the recruiting process
- Passion for customer service
- Intermediate PC skills: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access and/or other software/database skills.
- Experience with E-Recruiting software preferred.
- Excellent oral, written communication and analytical skills
- Excellent phone skills
- Ability to effectively speak in front of a group of people
- Strong data entry/typing skills preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of employment law preferred
2)Minimum educational level:
- Associates degree in Human Resources Management or a related field preferred
- 1 – 2 years of Customer Service, Operations, or Human Resources experience
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- PC skills: Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Access and / or other software / database skills; Social Media business advertising (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc... ) a plus
- 1 year of high volume recruiting experience preferred
- Distribution environment experience preferred
100 MERRITT BLVD
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top