Sample Coordinator - Contract Role
Since the beginning, we've been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they're serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences - join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp - put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we're committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
This is a 6-month contract role
Current Gap Inc. employees are not eligible to apply to this opening
• Receive, tag, hang, track, ship and maintain all samples for all laydown and on figure photography needs
• Manage up to five sample sets including photography and retail sets
• Coordinate and track all photography and retail samples from merchant sample closet. Understand and communicate any specific sample variances and find closure for all pending issues that might impact photography or post production.
• Work with cross functional team to identify any missing samples leading up to their photo shoots; communicate outstanding sample list to merchandising teams and work with brand merchants to problem solve for delayed samples
• Organize and maintain sample closet inclusive of identifying any missing samples as well as locate any one sample at any one time
• Assist with style meetings by setting up and organizing racks, problem solving sample issues, and pulling product and props as requested
• Unpack all photoshoot samples and props, launder, tag, hang and reorganize in a timely manner once they return to the office
• Order stock samples as needed for marketing and PR teams
• Coordinate inner office deliveries between photo studios to ensure all necessary samples are shot as needed and delivered to their next shoot location.
• Liquidate samples seasonally from Sample Closet and prepare for upcoming seasons new samples
• Develop strong relationships with cross functional teams including other sample rooms, product merchandising teams, web and catalog merchandising teams, Gap Labs producers/coordinators, in house retail, styling and production teams.
• Assist and support the Visual team 1 day/week - organizing samples, dressing and undressing mannequins + misc. support
• Computer skills: Outlook, knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word required
• Strong attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills
• Sense of urgency; ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
• Strong time management expertise and flexibility to changing priorities
• Ability to transport, maneuver and physically move samples up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Ability to build solid cross-functional partnerships
• College Education preferred
• Previous experience in retail/merchandising field a plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top