Sales/Visual Associate - Gap - 8th / Astor & Broadway
Click here to learn how we do more for employees
Gap Sales Associates love the brand, love our products, and are passionate about bringing those products to life for our customers. Sales Associates work as members of the store team to lead a positive customer and brand experience, while being BOLD, EASY, and REAL. Gap Sales Associates follow our founder's legacy of doing what they love- serving our customers and the communities in which they work and live. Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. We work as a team, and team members are expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the leader on duty or as needed to ensure overall customer satisfaction. This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work people assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties are listed is not significant.
Our Sales Associates:
- Influence customer buying decisions, by communicating information about the quality, value and style of Gap products including style, fit, fabric, price, and care instructions.
- Differentiate the Gap Brand and products from competitors with real connections with our customers.
- Set the example by role modeling our Selling culture to provide outstanding customer service. Demonstrate peer coaching and facilitate training for new Sales Associates.
- Utilize available Gap Brand resources, including GapCard and store promotions and training, to create sales and build customer relationships.
- Positively and proactively help solve problems for our customers and can balance multiple customers in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Deliver results in their role to contribute to their stores success. Are aware of and accountable to store and individual goals and results.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by consistently treating all Gap Brand employees and customers with respect.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and enforce/uphold all company policies (ie. LP, Customer, Employee) and communicates violations to the leadership team or the Code of Business Conduct Hotline.
- Completes floor replenishment and shipment as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and size availability.
- Maintains store standards per Visual Presentation Assessment direction to enhance customer shopping experience.
Join us if you:
- Are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about current fashion/trends. Consistently seeking new fashion and product knowledge to serve as an expert for our customer.
- Have strong communication, influencing and time management skills
- Are confident and can easily build rapport when meeting new people
- Can assess customer needs and enjoy helping people solve problems
- Enjoy being part of a team environment
- Preferably have previous retail and/or customer service experience
- Have availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings, to meet the needs of the business.
- Can safely lift 30 lbs. and can maneuver throughout the sales floor and stockroom
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top