Sales Associate/Support (6AM) Gap - Pacific Centre
Click here to learn how we do more for employees.
The Sales Associate generates sales and cultivates customer loyalty through customer engagement. The sales associate works as a member of a team to build customer relationships displaying such behaviors as: providing product knowledge about fit, style and fabrication, offering style advice and locating product for the customer. Sales Associates are responsible for creating a seamless Brand experience between store and online shopping. Sales Associates are expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the Leader on Duty or as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Displays a "customer is the priority" mindset at all times.
- Consistently treats all Gap customers and employees with respect and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Promotes customer loyalty by educating customers about our "loyalty" programs.
- Maximizes customer engagement by educating and utilizing all Omni-channels when interacting with customers.
- Meets or exceed Company goals and standards of operation.
- Accountable to store goals and results.
- Upholds all Company policies as outlined in the Policy & Procedure guide, including Code of Business Conduct and the Employee Policy Guide.
- Collaborates with store team to develop innovative solutions to business needs.
- Flex between customer or support roles as needed by the business.
- Fosters a safe working and shopping environment.
- Provide customer service throughout the store, including the sales floor, fitting room, and cash wrap.
- Expert in product knowledge.
- Shares customer feedback with leadership team to improve the overall customer experience.
- Offers current style advice and is knowledgeable on trends.
- Utilizes social media and technology to promote an exciting and engaging shopping experience.
- Performs various product placement, replenishment and recovery tasks to maintain a visually appealing, easy shopping experience for our customers.
- Perform cash register functions
- Meets or exceeds Company productivity standards for all operational processes: shipment processing, markdowns, merchandise signage, replenishment and recovery of salesfloor and stockroom.
- Executes Omni-Channel processes to ensure customer needs are met (i.e., SFS, RIS).
- Executes shipment assembly line tasks to Company standard; flexes to all areas of the shipment line as needed.
- Supports execution of all shipment receiving and processing procedures to floor-ready standards.
- Assists in executing merchandise flow and product placement.
- Coordinates with leaders and fellow associates for the preparation and placement of merchandise.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities while replenishing size specific quantities throughout the store in response to sell-through.
- Performs audit and transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, completes re-tickets and charge sends according to Merchandise Handling Manual.
- Influences employees to support an operationally efficient and effective process driven environment.
- Reports to a member of the leadership team
- Receives daily direction from store leadership and collaborates effectively across store team
701 W GEORGIA ST
- Ability to model professional behavior, as outlined in the Code of Business Conduct, at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, customers and management
- Ability to follow written or verbal instruction
- Ability to utilize retail technology
- Previous customer service or retail experience preferred
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Availability and flexibility to meet the store's scheduling needs
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job
- Required to participant in all store meetings and job specific training
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top