Sales Associate - Gap Factory Store - Foxwoods Designer Outlets
Click here to learn how we do more for employees.
The sales associate is responsible for interacting with customers and employees to create a positive, friendly environment. The sales associate maximizes sales by ensuring a neat, clean and organized store. The following describes the general nature and level of work but is not inclusive of all duties.
- Coordinates with leaders, stock and sales associates to ensure a positive, friendly and efficient customer experience
- Acknowledges and provides assistance to customers; locates merchandise efficiently using various methods; answers questions quickly and accurately
- Offers style and outfit suggestions to the customer, utilizing mannequins and displays for inspiration
- Knows and offers information to the customer on current merchandise assortment, store promotions and events
- Offers brand credit card to every customer; encourages cardholders to use the card
- Prevents theft and loss through positive customer engagement and application of Gap Inc. loss prevention techniques
- Performs all cashwrap transactions accurately; encourages participation in the customer opinion survey
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Policy & Procedure guide, including Code of Business Conduct and the Employee Policy Guide
- Meets or exceeds company productivity standards for all operational processes
455 TROLLEY LINE BLVD
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and store employees
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
- Ability to utilize retail technology
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom
- Previous experience in retail preferred
- Meets Gap Outlet's part time or full time availability guidelines
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work that people assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties are listed is not significant.
Gap Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, qualifying disability, veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State Law. Additionally, the above position is posted in accordance with Title 33 Mashantucket Pequot Tribal and Native American Preference Law - Native Americans receive preference in hiring for this position.
- Provisions in the Federal Civil Rights Act (1964), allows private and governmental employers on, or near federal trust Indian Reservations to publicly announce and practice a policy of giving preferential treatment in hiring Native American candidates.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top