Sales Associate - Burlingame Avenue
Click here to learn how we do more for employees.
The Sales Associate acts as a field representative and brand advocate for Athleta. This role is responsible for engaging and connecting with each customer to provide the right service, thereby generating sales and brand loyalty. The Sales Associate utilizes expert product knowledge to educate, inform, inspire and wardrobe the customer. This individual takes pride in the brand, the product, the store and its team and works to deliver an innovative and compelling shopping experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands the holistic mindset of the Athleta brand and can bring it to life everyday
- Embodies Athleta's culture and values in all aspects of their job
- Consistently treats everyone with respect and contributes to a positive work environment
- Brings Athleta to life, through creating a unique-to-brand shopping experience; fosters interaction similar to being a trusted friend and advisor through rapport & empathy
- Displays a "customer first" mindset at all times; focuses on engaging with the customer to meet their individual needs
- Ability to do what's right while balancing brand policy guidelines to promote an in-service mindset
- Ensures desired brand experience is being fostered in store through individual and team customer interactions
- Connects with customers by asking open-ended questions to assess customer needs and makes relevant merchandise/styling suggestions
- Drives store sales by authentically suggesting additional items to customers to meet their active lifestyle needs
- Stays current on all product knowledge and communicates features and benefits to customers to build customer knowledge and confidence in the product
- Assists customers in finding out-of-stock items via catalog or on line, by using back-order capability, or by finding substitutions for out-of-stock items (understands and leverages in-store kiosk; catalog & website)
- Takes daily direction from CORE Leader
- Ability to establish & maintain effective relationships with employees and customers
- Possesses a strong character/ethical core - distinctly knows the difference between doing what is right vs. doing the right thing
- Ability to interact cooperatively and work as a team towards a common goal
- Demonstrates a passion for delivering exceptional service everyday and inspires by example
- Demonstrates a "can do" attitude, with drive and passion to sell and achieve all goals
- Must be able to communicate effectively and respond to the needs and questions of peers and leadership in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Skilled at making quality decisions, and follows written and verbal instructions to meet deadlines on tasks and projects.
- Ability to sell, relate to others and communicate effectively
- Open to performing multiple functions in the story beyond selling
- Ability to receive feedback and to take action when appropriate
- Ability to work a changing schedule to meet the needs of the business
- Previous experience in retail and/or fitness industry preferred
- Some college preferred
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work nights and weekends as appropriate to schedule requirements
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Back to top