Sales Assistant - Philadelphia
The Sales Assistant role is an entry level position and an important part of ensuring that Sales Associates are able to deliver a seamless shopping experience to our clients. This role requires professional, engaging and courteous greeting, cash wrap responsibilities, and acting as assistant to sales associates before, during and after the in-store selling experience.
Selling & Client Service
- Greet and acknowledge all customers.
- Provide courteous and knowledgeable customer service in every area of the store.
- Assist with the execution of floor sets.
- Monitor and maintain visual merchandising standards on a daily basis according to the Visual Standards Manual.
- Ensure representation of all merchandise (styles & sizes) are on the floor.
- Fold, straighten, fill-in and ensure correct placement of merchandise throughout the day
- Adhere to loss prevention guidelines and deter shoplifting by providing excellent customer service.
- Review merchandise on the selling floor and maintain proper quantities and sizes of each item.
- Remove unwanted merchandise from fitting rooms.
- Follow all procedures in the POS system for ringing up sales.
- Keep wrap desk neat, organized and maintained with all supplies.
- Answer the phone and direct calls to the appropriate person.
- Communicate with management on operational issues as they arise.
- Passion for Customer Service, Styling and Product.
- Must be a team player.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the store.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top