Sales Assistant - Madison Avenue
INTERMIX is your destination for the most sought-after styles from an edited selection of coveted designers. We're known for mixing on-trend pieces in unexpected ways while delivering a unique point of view and personal approach to shopping and styling.
We're always looking for talented, creative individuals with a passion for retail for our boutiques and corporate office.
Are you ready to be a part of something transformative?
The Sales Assistant role is an entry level position and an important part of ensuring that Sales Associates are able to deliver a seamless shopping experience to our clients. This role requires professional, engaging and courteous greeting, cash wrap responsibilities, and acting as assistant to sales associates before, during and after the in-store selling experience.
Selling & Client Service
- Greet and acknowledge all customers.
- Provide courteous and knowledgeable customer service in every area of the store.
- Assist with the execution of floor sets.
- Monitor and maintain visual merchandising standards on a daily basis according to the Visual Standards Manual.
- Ensure representation of all merchandise (styles & sizes) are on the floor.
- Fold, straighten, fill-in and ensure correct placement of merchandise throughout the day
- Adhere to loss prevention guidelines and deter shoplifting by providing excellent customer service.
- Review merchandise on the selling floor and maintain proper quantities and sizes of each item.
- Remove unwanted merchandise from fitting rooms.
- Follow all procedures in the POS system for ringing up sales.
- Keep wrap desk neat, organized and maintained with all supplies.
- Answer the phone and direct calls to the appropriate person.
- Communicate with management on operational issues as they arise.
- Passion for Customer Service, Styling and Product.
- Must be a team player.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the store.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top