Rotational Leadership Development Program - US
About Gap Inc.'s Global Supply Chain & Product Operations From cotton to customer, our Global Supply Chain and Product Operations organization is comprised of thousands of employees who source, make, and deliver Gap Inc.'s iconic American style. Our six brands – Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, Intermix and Weddington Way – retail in more than 90 countries across multiple channels including online, stores, outlet and franchise. As consumers continue to reinvent the interaction between customer and brand, Gap Inc. is transforming the way we bring product to market to better serve our technology-savvy, product obsessed, value conscious global customer base. From innovating at the component level with our factory and mill partners to driving new technological capabilities in merchandise and inventory planning, and developing a fast, flexible logistics and fulfillment network, Global Supply Chain and Product Operations is the heartbeat of Gap Inc.'s enterprise-wide evolution. General Summary Based in our San Francisco and Asia headquarters, the Leadership Development Program exposes you to the core departments of our Global Supply Chain Organization. With each rotation, you will gain exclusive access to senior leadership, valuable training and resources. Here are just a few of the program highlights: Foundational Knowledge of the Retail Industry and Gap Inc.: During your rotations, you'll gain knowledge across the company and exposure to all 6 of our brands. Your assignments will take you through all areas of the Global Supply Chain team to help you discover what fits you best. Areas included are: 1. Global Sourcing – This team relentlessly source from the global market and work with suppliers to help us develop our designs into end-products through a process that meet our target cost, quality standards, delivery time while driving value and innovation. 2. Strategy & Product Operations – Manages our long range visions and goals, including our responsive supply chain capabilities designed to leverage customer insight and provide flexibility to better match our inventory to customer demand. 3. Strategic Sourcing (Procurement) – Partners with our brands and corporate functions across the globe, to continuously drive value across a variety of Non-Merchandise categories including Licensing, 3rd Party and Trim products. 4. Global Logistics – This team is responsible for transporting merchandise from global vendors to our distribution centers and ultimately to our stores. Leadership Development Training: This program is geared towards hiring, training and promoting the future leaders of our business. Through hands-on experience, presentations and customized curriculum, you will develop end-to-end knowledge in all areas of Global Supply Chain and build an extensive internal network. The knowledge and business insight gained while in the program will position you to launch a robust career at Gap Inc. After successfully completing the program, you will be placed in a full-time Senior Manager level role within Global Supply Chain. Are you interested in being a part of this amazing experience? We are looking for candidates who are flexible enough to adapt as our business changes. This full-time position offers a competitive salary and benefits.
"The Perfect Fit"
Raw Materials (Requirements):
- MBA/Masters of Engineering/Supply Chain Management degree
- Bachelor's degree in STEM and/or analytical background (i.e. Engineering (Manufacturing, Industrial, Textile, Mechanical), Math, Applied Math)
- Minimum of 3 years in relevant field
- Able and open to relocate within and outside the US for temporary assignments while in the program
- Unleashes creativity by actively seeking new experiences, information, and knowledge while challenging the status quo
- Makes sense of a vast range of information from multiple sources to conceptualize, drive creativity, and problem solve
- Engages hearts and minds to deliver shared objectives and mutual benefits; creates joy and energy from sincerely connecting with others and understanding them at a deeper level; embodies honesty and authenticity in every interaction.
- Exhibits a willingness to commit to a challenge and take on high-risk opportunities with tenacity
- Effectively communicates and works with peers, partners, and others not in the line of command; builds relationships and creates an environment wherein people who wouldn't naturally work together can do so for the good of the enterprise
Trims (Other Qualifications):
- Has a global perspective and thinks long-term and beyond one's own area
- Creates and advances ways of achieving results in new or difficult situations either by appropriating additional resources from those that wouldn't normally provide them, or by doing more with less
- Understands our customers, the competitors, industry and the regulatory environments and how they influence each other
- Creates a mindset of courageous new thinking that uncovers new possibilities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including executive presence and awareness
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top