Recruiter, Talent Acquisition, Gap Inc.
Recruiter, Talent Acquisition, Gap Inc.
Gap Inc. is one of the world's largest specialty retailers, with revenues over $16 billion. The company operates some of the most recognized apparel brands in the world, including — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and Intermix. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with design, stores, distribution, and sourcing operations around the world.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Talent Acquisition, the Recruiter position supports Gap, Inc.'s Corporate Functions (e.g. Human Resources, Corporate Communications, Global Sustainability/Foundation, Global Franchise, Store Design and Store Development by delivering long and short term recruiting strategies that will meet overall talent and business needs..
Gap Inc. is undergoing an exciting evolution, making talent a critical priority, particularly in building a sustainable talent pipeline to deliver on the company's growth strategy. These kinds of changes demand strong and progressive HR talent.
This particular position will be critical in supporting Corporate Functions and partnering with the HR Generalists and the business to build ongoing strategies that will fuel the talent pipeline, while also building strong relationships, trust and credibility.
As a Recruiter on the Talent Acquisition team, he/she will need to identify and create opportunities to work more effectively and efficiently with key stakeholders. It is about more than filling jobs. The "more" looks like whatever you think best meets the needs of your business and stakeholders.
- Partner with senior management and functional business areas with a strategic and consultative approach to develop staffing strategies and initiatives for current and future needs
- In partnership with the HR Generalist, define and implement strategic talent acquisition initiatives for assigned functions
- Ensure that the recruiting needs are met while driving hiring manager and candidate satisfaction through monthly/quarterly reviews with the business
- Strengthen the brand of the Talent Acquisition team by continuously delivering beyond expectations, and communicating successes and wins throughout the organization
- Partner with functional area's HR generalists to support HR initiatives and vision
- Build a recruiting culture, and the talent pipeline, by knowing the market, bringing strong business acumen to the role and a strategic mindset/point of view that builds candidate flow and increases business partner involvement in the recruiting process
- Support recruiting initiatives as needed in the areas of:
- Hiring Manager and candidate satisfaction
- Recruiting results and metrics
- Selection and candidate assessment
- Diversity in the candidate pool
- Utilization of preferred providers as we contract with external firms
- Negotiate service level agreements with hiring managers and HR Business Leaders
- Supervise, train and develop team members as needed
Others as identified/needed
- Minimum of 5 years of recruiting for HQ-based roles preferably coupled with search firm and/or agency experience
- Experience supporting the Human Resources function preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and successfully manage client relationships across all levels, and provide strong consultative partnership
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and find innovative solutions to traditional problems by doing more than filling jobs
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong problem solving and continuous improvement focus coupled with excellent written and communication skills
- Proven organization skills; ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands
- Demonstrated executive presence through strong business etiquette, confidence in all settings and maintaining a professional focus when business conditions change
- Strong computer skills -- Word, Excel, PowerPoint a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent business experience
- Position based in our San Francisco, CA headquarters
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top