Real Estate Planner
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Real Estate Planner is responsible for creating, managing and executing allocation inventory plans and systems set up for stores. They are also responsible for providing the store planning team relevant data and reporting throughout the real estate process, as well as ongoing store attribute maintenance.
- Support real estate activity, including closures, openings, remodels, and relocations for Global markets (North America, Japan, and Europe)
- Identify sister stores for Remodel, New Store and Relocation set up.
- Partner with Real Estate Operations, Field leaders, Inventory Management, DC's, and Transportation on the setup and execution of all real estate activity
- Recognize opportunities to improve real estate processes and offer solutions.
- Troubleshoot issues with urgency
- Pricing execution to support real estate work
- Recap and analyze new store performance at total store and division level.
- Owner of store attributes in Smart Store which feeds all Planning and Allocation systems (tiers, climates, service levels, custom store groups, pricing groups, etc)
- Understands smart store and store attribute process, structure and management.
- Updates and validates smart store attributes to support assortment changes based on real estate projects and testing.
- Communicate store attributes to business partners through reporting and other tools.
- Ensure all necessary reports and teams are aware of most recent store attributes
- Develop market and store knowledge based on geographical attributes, field and visual communication, historical performance and projected customer profile.
- Validate testing groups by reviewing real estate changes and productivity work
- Partner to improve process and approach
- Manage requests in support of special brand events (ex. Pop up shops). Execute strategies and communicate timelines and challenges.
- Ad hoc projects to support store inventory needs
- Detail oriented in execution.
- Comfortable with system maintenance.
- Ability to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to gather, manipulate and interpret large amounts of data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and has the ability to master new and available technical applications.
- Strong mathematical aptitude with experience in a non-academic environment.
- Strong listening skills with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail.
- Good organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results.
- Demonstrate initiative in ambiguous environments.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-functional team skills.
- Strong oral and written skills
- Knowledge of inventory optimization concepts and principles, a plus
- Knowledge of Store Planning, Inventory Management, Inventory Strategy and Logistics, processes, systems and tools, a plus
- Field experience beneficial.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years work experience, preferred.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top