Project Manager, Store Operations, Gap
About Us In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the firstGap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier tofind a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was ahit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands. Today we're represented in more than 1400 storesin over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London,Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool,elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focusedattention to thoughtful design.We believe in staying true to our heritage whilecreating what's next. Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do morethan sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, tobe active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world.Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead. We stand for freedom and possibility for all; wechampion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders. So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if youwant to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the worlda little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you. Job Summary The Project Manager of Real Estate isresponsible for developing and maintaining processes, tools and documentationfor store openings, closings, remodels (major or minor) and store maintenanceto ensure a seamless execution in the field while reducing cost. This Project Manager will influence crossfunctional departments (Creative Services, Construction, Store Planning,Finance, Real Estate, Visual Operations and Marketing) to manage conflictingdemands and ensure efficient execution with a customer centric focus; thecustomer defined as the field. The ProjectManager of Real Estate should facilitate formal and ad hoc meetings with HQ andField to ensure compliance in all real estate activity. The Project Manager of Real Estate willproactively hindsight all aspects of real estate operations in a way thatcreates further efficiencies in current and upcoming projects. ThisProject Manager will educate HQ Business Partners on the policies andoperations of the stores to assist with more informed decisions. Looks for cost savings opportunitiesthroughout the entire process and develops action plans to address field surveyresults as required. Participates incross functional and cross divisional approach in defining decision makingrights throughout the project. Essential Job Functions
- Create, define and implement processes required for effectivestore execution of all real estate operations .
- Ensure the store's interest is at the very center of everydecision.
- Coordinate all store communication associated with realestate activities
- Collaborate effectively with key business partners
- Stores and Upper Field Leaders
- Real Estate/Real Estate Finance
- Visual Merchandising / Field Merchandising
- Creative Services
- Store Planning
- Demonstrated ability inbuilding partnerships with HQ and Field to influence and drive results.
- Excellent verbal andwritten communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability tothink strategically and determine impact of decisions on the business.
- Strong problem solvingskills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to workeffectively within a team environment and independently with minimal direction.
- Proficient in Word andExcel.
- Minimum 3 years retailfield experience in a management capacity
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
Key Competencies Required
- Problem Solving/ Root Cause Analysis
- Priority Setting
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top