Project Manager - Store Operations
- About Us:
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Project Manager of Testing and Product Initiatives supports the Product Operations team to create effective communication, tools and resources that drive increased field support and improved product sell through in stores.
This role will interact with a multitude of cross functional and cross channel business partners. The role will manage the integration and communication of testing and product initiatives to store teams as well as provide feedback to HQ business partners to enable continues improvement. This role partners closely with the Senior Manager of Product Operations to influence key business partners across all functions and channels and representing the voice of the field in all interactions.
- Builds strong cross-functional partnerships at all levels with Gap Brand Store Operations, Store Leadership Teams, Upper Field Leaders, Market Planning, Store Planning amongst others.
- Represents Stores and Brand Store Operations with other business partners; acts as an advocate for Stores.
- Support in store execution of
- Testing through communication and strong partnership with internal testing team
- Product Launches through communication and strong partnership with HQ business and field partners
- Lead, develop and influence seasonal strategies to increase product knowledge in the field and support increased sell through
- Create seasonal strategy tools through partnership with cross functional business partners
- Lead and coordinate field feedback to support seasonal hind-sighting process
- Recommend change management strategies to effectively implement initiatives
- Oversee and execute all store communication associated with product and testing initiatives
- Collaborates with Field and HQ teams to determine opportunities for process improvement.
- Analyzes and communicatesopportunities, within brand store environment.
- Analyzes competitors and recommends improvements to be better.
111 WEST 33RD STREET
- Continuous Learning- can articulate embracing challenges and learning from new information that resulted in improved business results
- Innovation- demonstrated ability to effectively brainstorm solutions in a group discussion
- Customer Impact – can identify opportunities within the store environment and offer solutions to better support the customer experience in store.
- Commercial Impact – understands the importance of achieving commercial and business goals
- Detail Orientated – demonstrated ability to attention to details of process and implementation to ensure they are done right.
- Self-Accountability - can articulate setting specific and clear performance objectives, standards and accountability to goals with clear measurable
- Collaboration & Resourcefulness - can articulate successful response to challenging situations utilizing available knowledge while considering alternative solutions.
- Time Management - demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize and adapt appropriately.
- Ambiguity - experience in leading through ambiguity and change
- Retail Stores experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top