Project Manager - Real Estate Operations
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories brand that delivers style for a life with no boundaries. Our customers have an explorer spirit and so does our team. If you share our passion for discovery and creativity, we want you on our team.
The Banana Republic Store Operations team is responsible for providing the tools, resources and information to field employees to support store sales, drive efficiency, and ensure financial and operational goals are met. We build partnerships across HQ and field teams to operationalize & activate our store strategy - finding the best ways to bring it to life for our twenty thousand field employees across the globe, with the ultimate goal of delivering a consistent customer experience.
The Project Manager of Real Estate Operations will support the development and implementation of real estate activity processes including; store openings, closings, remodels and repositions.This role reports into the Manager of Real Estate Operations.
- Drives Results
- Learning Agility
- Acquires new knowledge
• Acquires new knowledge and skills as needed
• Learns when there is a clear reason or need to do so
- Embraces opportunity to learn
• Embraces the challenge to learn something new
• Open to guidance on how to best learn or sources to learn from
• Learns new information without a clear outcome or desire; may appear more random than planned
- Lets people follow guidelines
• Sets specific, clear performance objectives, standards, accountabilities, and process goals for individuals or groups, with potential measurement
• Pays close personal attention to the details of a process; checks things out to ensure they are done right
• Adheres to core business planning and reporting processes; personally, attends to details
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Responds and provides support
• Provides help or support when it has been requested
• Identifies other people who can help
- Builds strong cross-functional partnerships at all levels within BR Store Operations, Store Leadership Teams, Upper Field Leaders, Store Development, Field Finance, Company Planning, Store Planning and others.
- Represents Stores and Store Operations with other business partners; acts as an advocate for Stores.
- Support major and minor remodels and programmatic work and serve as the liaison between the field and HQ on store maintenance escalations.
- Develop and maintain processes, tools and documentation for all Banana Republic and Banana Republic Factory real estate activity.
- Mange workload to ensure projects are completed on time, within scope and on budget.
- Influence cross-functional departments to manage and prioritize demands and ensure efficient execution.
- Facilitate and/or participate meetings with field/HQ teams to ensure seamless execution and compliance of all real estate activity.
- Proactively hindsight with business partners to impact current and future processes and guide the real estate strategy.
- Educate HQ business partners on the policies and operations of the stores to influence decisions.
- Develop creative solutions that will minimize unforeseen store issues.
- Identify cost savings opportunities within process change and compliance.
- Identify and implement opportunities to maximize sales through the first year of new store business.
- Manage communication of critical dates to field and HQ teams to ensure milestones are met.
- Participate in cross-divisional approach and decision making projects.
- Works towards commercial and business goals, focuses on activity
- Understands the importance to the business of achieving commercial success
- Problem Solving: Articulates successful response to challenging situations utilizing available data while considering alternative solutions.
- Detail Orientated: Demonstrates attention to detail in the creation of processes with disciplined organization and process-oriented skills.
- Learning Agility: Articulates and embraces challenges; learns from and seeks information that can result in improved business results
- Innovation: Demonstrates ability to effectively brainstorm on reporting needs and implement new ideas and solutions with the team, business partners and brand counterparts.
- Detail Orientated: Demonstrates attention to detail in the creation of processes and monitors implementation to ensure proper execution.
- Self-Accountability: Sets specific and measurable performance objectives and strives to always meet or exceed the performance standard.
- Time Management: Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize and adapt appropriately.
- Ambiguity: Adapts and continues to perform through change and ambiguity.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Retail Stores experience preferred.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top