Project Manager, Customer Experience (Contract Role)
Athleta is creating a new breed of premium, authentically active and fashion-fueled apparel for a life in motion. Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy confident girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential.
We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - and, of course, being a part of something bigger. At Athleta we're always reaching for amazing - and that challenge is what fuels us!
Power of She
NOTE: This is a 12 month contract assignment
Lead the development and delivery of multiple strategies related to store operations. Utilizes project manager principles to plan, brainstorm and create project plans to support Athleta Retail Strategies. Creates and delivers innovative and engaging initiatives that can be simply and seamlessly executed in stores resulting in compelling and inspiring customer and employee experiences. Be a Brand Ambassador for Athleta' s Mission and Brand Values. Builds effective relationships with field leadership, stores, Athleta HQ, Gap Inc. and cross brand partners to develop solutions for the stores.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Champion processes to improve the customer experience in the stores.
- Create, own and manage project plans from concept to implementation to long term sustainability.
- Prioritize and streamline stores workload to help creates a great experience for store employees
- Collaborate and Influence business partners to support store operations and implement new initiatives across the fleet.
- Active contributor to an energetic and creative team environment that motivates individuals to excel
- Strong growth mindset to lead ideation and collaboration on what is possible
- Proactive partnership with retail communications team and business partners to plan store communications, calendars and workload.
- Prioritization of cross-functional initiative ensuring projects are on time, on budget and delivering impact
- Proactive research of retail industry and competitors to help identify potential opportunities or improvement.
- Support Store Experience projects outside of DOR as assigned.
- Independently manage daily workload inclusive of recurring meetings and field escalations.
- Create strong partnerships with field, cross-functional partners and other HQ business partners to:
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity to revise current processes and procedures to streamline workload and reduce expenditures.
- Develop creative solutions to minimize store impact.
- Drive resolution on store issues.
ONE HARRISON STREET
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Influence and support business partners in creating and executing comprehensive project plans.
- Build/develop new processes that surround this communications function.
- Work collaboratively and persuasively across divisions and functions and strong team player.
- Work independently, manage up and engage resources as required.
- Flexibility to manage competing priorities and shift focus as determined by changing needs of the business.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and act quickly and decisively.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-starter, team oriented and creative thinker.
- Ability to develop talent and train field and cross-functional business partners.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Critical competencies include Experimentation, Strategic Orientation, Collaboration & Influence and Drives Results.
- Foundational competencies include Learning Agility, Customer Impact, Trust & Honesty and Accountability.
- Fluency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Minimum educational level
- College degree preferred.
- Must have at least 5+ years of field and/or operations experience.
- Based in San Francisco
- 15% travel within North America will be required
- This position reports to the Director of Store Experience Integration and works closely with all levels of the Athleta HQ and field organizations. This position also collaborates with Gap Inc., GID Communication and cross brand Communication teams to leverage resources and share best practices.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top