Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
The Global Production Coordinator is a member of a Global Production Team, which is responsible for the development, execution and communication of a global production strategy. The Data Assistant is the entry-level position within the Production Organization. His/her role is to enter and maintain absolute accuracy of all data in multiple tools and systems, which is fundamental to all aspects of Global Production and R&D work. He/she also creates and manages reports for multiple business partners and teams. He/she works closely within a cross-functional team that includes Design, Gap Inc. Sourcing (GIS), Merchandising, R&D, Tech Services, IM and Allocation, in order to support the end-to-end production process.
- Learning Agility
- Strategic Orientation
- Trust & Honesty
Product Strategy Management:
- Create Sample Product Request (SPR) and Tech Pack each season in PLM
- Maintain accuracy of PLM system
- Reconcile PLM and ACT post placement for data accuracy and consistency and resolve discrepancies with cross-functional partners
- Placement of seasonal ad sample orders to Category and tracking of status through closure
- Escalation to Global Production Sr. Director/Director of unresolved issues with timely ad sample receipt
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to drive efficiency and simplicity.
- Expert knowledge of Order Management Systems to troubleshoot discrepancies in partnership with Inventory Management
- Maintain accuracy in Global Assortment Costing Tool(s) for Production-owned fields
- Own data entry in Fabric Input Document each season
- Compile materials for production hindsight package
- Develop strong relationships with Mentors, Peers, and Global Production team partners.
- Participate in department meetings.
- Schedule training and educational opportunities (e.g., System/IT training, forms and reports).
- Actively participate in discussions for department, division or brand initiatives.
- Global Production Team, Fabric R&D, Tech Design, Merchants, Inventory Management, Design, GIS, Allocation
- Develop an understanding of design terminology and business requirements.
- Understand roles and responsibilities of cross-functional business partners at all levels.
- Works with immediate team members to support department Production, Fabric R&D and Tech Design strategies; Develops internal and external relationships with guidance from Director/Sr. Director.
- Understand the use of P2M calendar, PLM, ACT, Fabric Input Sheet, Costing Tool, Order Management System and transit planner. Review tools supplied and make recommendations for improvements as business needs change.
- 1 year work experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of production cycle timeline and basic retail math skills
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Access, web-based applications.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through and accuracy.
- Timely and exceptional attention to detail
- A sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks.
- Able to work as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrate pro-active problem solving skills.
- Solicit feedback/self-development.
- Ability to react to change.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top