Product Manager - Store Experience, Point of Sale/Checkout
About the role
Gap Inc. Product Management is looking for a Product Manager II to join our team to support product vision, strategy development and execution of store experience capabilities with targeted focus on point of sale and innovation in checkout. You will be responsible for identifying high-value opportunities and working directly with engineers to continuously improve the experience for both our external and internal customers. Primarily store leaders and associates.
Our proprietary, multi-brand platform drives the web, mobile, and in-store experiences for our family of brands. The role requires a combination of business savvy and technical knowledge.
What you'll do
- Serves as product owner, leader, and motivator on cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development
- Champions the needs of the customer and business stakeholders throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with local and distributed business partners and agile development teams
- Delivers software incrementally, on schedule and within budget
- Identifies multiple approaches and negotiates trade-offs with stakeholders
- Partners with user experience, consumer insights, and analytics teams
- Works with business teams to develop or modify processes, supporting post-launch change management efforts, as needed
- Conducts analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact, and identify further business opportunities
Who you are
- 3+ years of product management-related roles and activities
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Storeetail experience a plus
- Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the customer needs, achieved business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
- Demonstrated leadership of direct and/or indirect teams
- Able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to business users
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written presentation format to business leaders at all levels and influence key stakeholders across the organization
- Experience with the Agile/iterative development process a plus
Back to top