Product Manager - Pricing & Promo
About the role
The Gap Inc. Product Management Team is looking for a Product Manager to join our Pricing and Promotions team to drive product vision, strategy development and transformation of our Promotions Platform out of our San Francisco headquarters. We're looking for someone with a passion for great customer experiences and love of technology to build successful products for rewarding omni-channel retail experiences. Promotions are a core function of our business and key aspect of the retail landscape. How easily a customer can redeem promotions and feel the value of the brand, is critical to determining their return. As a result, we strive to make her experience as frictionless as possible.
We're seeking a strong problem solver with a track record of product innovation. A Product Manager must lead complex projects independently, manage diverse sets of stakeholders and cross-functional teams, develop a strong understanding of our customers, manage multiple concurrent projects, and identify and lead solutions that achieve significant business value.
What you get to do in this job:
What you'll do
- Develop product vision, strategy and roadmap in support of business goals, customer needs, and clear OKRs
- Prioritize a clear, objective roadmap and agile backlog while balancing delivery requirements with technical trade-offs
- Drive large and complex initiatives that have significant financial benefits and impact several critical business functions and such as Brand teams, UI/UX, Site and Retail Product Managers, Store operations, Loss Prevention, Revenue Accounting, Business Intelligence, and more!
- Analyze and measure the results of capability deployment to quantify benefits and support continuous improvement of the platform
- Highlight progress through regular updates and product reviews
- Drive certainty when presented with ambiguity
Qualifications/What you need to be successful:
- BS/BA required, Engineering or MBA preferred
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, technical problem solving and agile execution (experienced in fact paced environment)
- 3+ years' experience in product management role; must have owned the creation or modification of key technology capabilities / product areas
- Demonstrate technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and to represent technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Highly collaborative and thrives in an extremely cross-functional role that requires partnership with several teams
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to business/technology leaders at all levels to influence key stakeholders across organizations
- Proven track record of data driven mindset and managing KPIs
- Proven track record of driving product discovery process for large, complex and/or ambiguous projects
- Experience in e-commerce or other consumer internet products, especially in backend services and APIs
- Experience in pricing and promotions domain is preferred, but not required
Back to top