Product Manager II, Product Management, Global Supply Chain & Product Operations, Gap Inc.
About Gap Inc.'s Global Supply Chain & Product Operations
From cotton to customer, our Global Supply Chain and Product Operations organization is comprised of thousands of employees who source, make, and deliver Gap Inc.'s iconic American style. Our five brands – Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta and Intermix – retail in more than 90 countries across multiple channels including online, stores, outlet and franchise.
As consumers continue to reinvent the interaction between customer and brand, Gap Inc. is transforming the way we bring product to market to better serve our technology-savvy, product obsessed, value conscious global customer base. From innovating at the component level with our factory and mill partners to driving new technological capabilities in merchandise and inventory planning, and developing a fast, flexible logistics and fulfillment network, Global Supply Chain and Product Operations is the heartbeat of Gap Inc.'s enterprise-wide evolution.
Gap Inc.'s Supply Chain Product Management team helps identify, evaluate and optimize the Gap Inc. Supply Chain by identifying opportunities, developing solutions, delivering business analytics and improving our processes to operate efficiently and in support of our strategic goals.
The person in this position will be instrumental in delivering omni-channel logistics capabilities that become a foundation for our strategic platform across all channels and geographies supporting an fast, efficient, and cost effective global network strategy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifies unmet external and internal customer needs and develops possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs.
- Gathers input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications.
- Participates in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
- Presents and secures approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary. Champions the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project. Is able to operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- With complete independence, writes user stories as part of an Agile project framework.
- Anticipates upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
- Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features.
- Develops supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
- Partner with IT and Business Partners across Gap Inc to manage and deliver business capabilities and system solutions. Drive business process changes necessary to simplify and optimize operations end to end across the supply chain.
- Identify key issues, guide and execute analysis, develop conclusions, and present findings to members of the leadership team. Anticipate roadblocks, both intellectual and political, and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
- Lead cross functional projects to support supply chain process optimization end to end. This includes thought leadership, solution innovation and change management identifying process improvement opportunities, key issues, development of conclusions and implementation plans supported with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Work in a mixed model of both waterfall and agile development and deployment
- Domain knowledge in Supply Chain logistics is highly desired.
- Experience in delivery logistics systems and capabilities around transportation and global trade management highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues - a serious product manager and thought leader
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the consumer's need, met business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises).
- Marketplace experience: experience in an omni-channel retail environment (direct to consumer and store retail) preferably apparel, or other customer focused technology products.
- Sound business judgment: the ability to identify the business objectives, develop and implement a business strategy on projects; capable of making reliable business decisions during execution.
- Demonstrated technical acumen with an ability to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs – able to communicate technology concepts to business users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to executive-level management
- 3-5 years of experience managing multiple projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
Minimum Educational Level:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top