Product Manager II - Global Supply Chain and Product Operations
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Inventory Management Product Management group designs, creates, and implements planning, allocation and price capabilities that enable Gap Inc. to manage business and maximize profitability throughout the product lifecycle. Projects are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that generate significant financial return and enhance the customer experience. The IM PdM Manager will work to drive the strategy and implementation for new initiatives and the optimization of new and existing processes within Gap Inc.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for multiple projects aimed at delivering best of class inventory solutions for both pre and in season management
- Develop key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results through structured approach, rigorous analysis, and proactive communication
- Partner in the development and implementation of supply chain, inventory management, and price optimization BI initiatives that support overall company and brand objectives
- Partner with the business to identify opportunities in current systems and process and create requirements for functional changes to maximize returns on application development efforts
- Maintain and prioritize a backlog of work items for multiple inventory management systems
- Work with an application development team to communicate business requirements in order to manage resources and allowing for efficient and timely development
- Drive project work, deliverables and timelines through direct reports
- Proactively and effectively communicate changes to systems and tools to affected groups
- Identify and quantify methodology differences and impacts between current and future processes and systems.
- Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities.
- Build relationships with key business partners and other brand stakeholders.
- Develops and manages project plans and key stake holder engagement strategy on all initiatives
- Bring form and structure to ambiguous situations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Professional Experience
- 4-6 year work experience required
- Experience in supply chain management / inventory management industry preferred
- Experience on projects with complex scope and with system and process implementations
- Experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches for the retail industry
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis - ability to gather and interpret data
- Strong research sources and modeling techniques
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- Education - BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, mathematics
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top