Product Management - Digital Product Information Internship
Gap Inc.Technology is looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edgeskills, and a passion for technology. We're not your average IT shop, and thisisn't your average internship. In your 10 weeks with Gap Inc. (tentative startdate – June 11, 2018), you'll have a voice in the room, be pushed to takerisks, and play a critical role in innovative projects that are transformingretail technology. Ready to get started?
What's In It for You?
As a GapInc. Intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders intechnology and digital. You will work on individual projects as well as achallenging group project that you will present to senior management at the endof the summer. You will learn that we work hard, but we play hard too. We inviteyou to participate in events, such as a San Francisco Giants game, bowlingnights, ping pong social clubs, happy hours, art galleries, interactivemuseums, and volunteering in the community.
Here's what you will do all summer!
The Digital ProductInformation team is primarily responsible for supporting the creation andmanagement of the digital assets that are used across our platforms andchannels, both in stores and on our websites. This includes supporting ourworld-class photo studio, the attribution and enrichment of our productinformation as well as the product and category management tools used tosupport the creation of our e-commerce sites.
- Support complexnew and modify existing digital asset management features and capabilities;these features include photography (including video), pricing, productinformation, and category management
- Assist in thedevelopment of the product vision, then drive a process to bring that vision tofruition
- Partner closelywith project management and software engineering resources to deliverhigh-quality capabilities in an agile software development process
- Championcustomer and stakeholder needs throughout project execution, ensuring that whatis delivered meets the original goals and objectives and proactively identifyand resolve the inevitable challenges that arise
- Partner withbusiness partners and change management teams to ensure initial solutions meetcustomer needs and will lead to broad, long term, consistent adoption oftechnologies
- Analyze andmeasure the results of capability deployment to quantify benefits and identifyadditional opportunities
- Identify newopportunities and develop business case for future projects
- Propose researchactivities that yield actionable consumer insights as part of project delivery.Partner with internal research groups and interaction designers to user-testdesigns through mock-ups and functional prototypes to ensure they are meetingintended goals.
Here's what you need to get the work done
- Undergraduate orgraduate student with one year or less left to graduate in Business,Management, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, InformationSystems, Computer Science or related degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Knowledge oftechnical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical teammembers, to understand technology solutions and potential trade-offs and torepresent technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability tocommunicate both verbally and in writing to business leaders at all levels toinfluence key stakeholders across organizations
- Data drivenmindset and track record
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top