Product Line Analyst
Job Title: Product Line Analyst
Job Description: Develop department/category/geography strategies that meet or exceed the brand financial goals. Merchandising assortment into concepts supporting key items, strategies and current trends that are commercially viable and provide an exciting customer store experience by partnering with design, visual, merchandising, inventory management and marketing. Create and present a compelling assortment that meets financial targets and supports divisional and brand objectives. Develop seasonal strategies including creating department level pre-season assortment, pricing and promotional strategy that aligns with divisional merchandise strategy. Lead cross-functional team members in developing key concepts, items, promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure the collection is commercially viable in each market. Analyze Seasonal and Hindsight information. Analyze historic data, trends, product assortment and competition to develop the strategy. Analyze current business to identify business opportunities and in-season risks. Communicate pertinent information to the team and participate in open to buy (OTB) process and conversation to execute forthcoming strategies. Approve garment fit and ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
Educational/Experience Requirements: Bachelor's degree or foreign degree equivalent in Business Administration, Merchandising, Marketing or related field and 4 years of experience in the job offered, retail/fashion buying, merchandising or related occupations. If no degree or unrelated degree, employer will accept one year of relevant coursework or related experience for every year missing towards required degree.
Experience and/or education must include:
- 3 years of experience with product experience in Women's buying or merchandising;
- 4 years of experience with implementation of shorter-term tactical plans that are cost-effective, efficient and realistic in order to drive profitability for the business;
- 4 years of experience with articulating and providing input to the product strategy;
- 4 years of experience with AUC, AUR, Gross Margin, Class Plan, Comp, and OTB; and
- 4 years of experience with researching product, assortment, and trends to make appropriate recommendations for department strategy including placement, number of SKUS, price point & product inventory.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top