Product Integrity Manager
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Product Integrity Manager supports Gap International Sourcing (GIS) product quality initiatives at the category, vendor and product levels through vendor engagement, process monitoring, and performance measurement and reporting with a focus on knit textile materials and products. The Manager's overarching objective is improving raw material and product quality performance against brand standards, product safety regulations, and customer expectations, as measured through 3rd party test reports and market feedback. The Manager may have responsibility for the performance of one or more subordinates and an extended geographical area with multiple vendors and categories.
A. Provide technical support to Product Development, Vendor Management teams and vendors to ensure brand's product quality and product safety regulatory requirements are met.
1. Develop, manage, and report metrics for product category development reviews.
2. Participate in seasonal product development review meetings to identify potential quality, product safety and regulatory concerns and solutions before adoption and booking.
3. Support vendor and material supplier's quality performance and improvement through ad hoc projects and research.
4. Establish bulk production testing guardrails with vendor community.
B. Ensure Seasonal Application of Standards and Requirements for GIS products for relevant markets
5. Develop, manage and report category relevant bulk performance metrics
6. Monitor both Performance & RSL testing failure risk assessments provided by vendors and category team and ensure vendor corrective action plans are appropriate.
7. Day to day monitoring of 3rd lab testing turnaround time and performance for the category and geography. Liaise with Lab Testing team and 3rd party labs to ensure testing protocols are followed.
8. Support Vendor Management, Category and Brand teams for in-market quality & product safety issues and work with QA/vendors to implement the root cause analysis and corrective action plan to address vendor continuous improvement.
C. Ensure Category is Supported with Updated and Relevant Product Standards
9. Work with PI standards team to review performance standards and contribute to standards creation. Work with San Francisco Product Safety and Regulatory (PSR) team to revisit all RSL issues to ensure global regulatory and markets needs are met.
10. Support market-driven development of needed tests for functional claims such as stain repellent, deodorant, smart swear, cooler bag, etc
11. Provide periodic standards training to vendor Management teams. Train new vendors on Performance Standards, Product Safety requirements, and Testing.
D. Manage a technical team to support Product Category.
12. 3rd Party Resident Vendors (RVs) for Relevant Categories
Who you are
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Strong knowledge of raw material and product testing, quality management systems for knit products.
Chemical restriction requirements for US/EU/Japan/China
Ability to create reports, create and evaluate data and provide analysis and recommendations to improve quality.
Strong communication skills in both written and verbal English and local language.
Time management skills in planning and scheduling.
Strong risk management and trouble shooting skills, with a proactive mindset.
Coaching and development of individuals and teams.
Minimum educational and experience
University degree in Textile or Garment (Industry related) or equivalent work experience.
5-10 years of experience in product testing and quality management in terms of testing standards, methods and requirements in related products for US/EU/China markets
Experience in handling knits & sweaters is an advantage.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top