Principal UX Designer
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
A Portfolio and Resume are required upon application of this position.
Gap Inc. is looking for a Principal UX Designer for our e-commerce and personalization teams. In this role, you will help to define and execute personalization initiatives for Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic and Athleta. Lead all phases of the design process including roadmap creation, conceptual design, prototyping and in some case front end development. For this role in particular, you will help to inform the customer strategy for personalization initiatives including test and implementation strategy. In addition to excellent interaction and visual design skills, you should have experience partnering with product managers and business leaders to lead and influence complex design explorations. You will work closely with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced Agile environment. Interaction with other groups is part of our daily activities to research, plan, design, develop and deploy new experiences.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional UX Design experience
- Expert in Interaction Design, Strong in Visual Design - able to apply elements from an existing Design System to ensure consistency with a broad suite of applications.
- Knowledgeable in Service Design practices
- Experience in lean methodology and experimentation
- Experience gathering input from end-users and conducting or participating in usability testing and needs-finding research.
- Expert in Sketch and InVision as well as prototyping tools such as Framer, Flinto, Axure or Principal
- Experience leading workshops with the team and stakeholders to explore problem spaces and create alignment
- Demonstrable skills with reviewing implemented work, providing pointed feedback and holding the cross-functional team accountable to delivering the application as designed - ensuring it matches the designs created or where needed engaging in the discussion with the team and UX management on deviations based on input during the development process.
- Capable of understanding and articulating the business need and the user need and translating both into an elegant solution that solves for both parties.
- Knows how to learn the user need (rather than inferring or using personal bias).
- Capable of both advocating for the user while understanding where to compromise to meet business goals.
- Possesses ability to articulate design solutions and intentions based on research, usability practices and business values. Able to persuade stakeholders of various groups in the company of the validity of an approach and facilitate discussions as a partner with a cross functional focus on meeting user and business goals.
- Team player who is comfortable with daily standups and actively engaged in regular meetings to define the solution together. Outcome focused team player who is comfortable with daily standups and is actively engaged in the full process to define and ship the solution.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top