Planner - Online Merchandise
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Account Planning team is responsible for the development, execution and communication of Franchise top-down financial plans and strategies - owning sales, margin and inventory planning. The team develops preseason budgets/plans along with monthly forecasting targets to drive profitable in-season management for the entire Franchise portfolio across all brands, channels and regions. The Online Account Planner is responsible for pureplay accounts, but also the development of all online channels.
Financial Planning - Forecasting
- Preseason, formulate top-down account level sale and wholesale buy targets and strategies for annual budgets and quarterly plans in partnership with Franchisees
- Approve and create new store sales and comp stores sales plans
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop quarterly pre-season strategies
- Review buy roll-ups compared to plans
- InSeason, reforecast sales plans and participate in Monthly Forecasting
- Support in the creation of Franchisee's quarterly hindsight
Plan Management - InSeason Trading
- Recap and review account's sales performance based on historical data and current trends
- Identify risk/opportunities to sales plans and collaborate with cross functional teams to develop action plans to achieve financial goals
- Analyze and provide feedback on commercial plans, which include flow strategies and promotional/markdown events
- Analyze and provide on country and season code performance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support key initiatives and strategies through analytics, reports and tools that quantify results through structured approach, rigorous analysis, and proactive communication
- Find new opportunities and create both standardize and automated reports as well as in-depth ad hoc analysis
- Manage multiple data sources, identify gaps in the data capture process and make suggestions on improvements/enhancements for data hygiene
- Collaborate with peers and Franchise leaders to ensure consistency of information, share best-practices, and develop systems knowledge
- Quickly establish credibility with and develop effective relationships with franchise partners.
- Develop and foster strong cross-functional relationships within Product team, Business Development, Partner Support and Marketing Functions
- Cultivate a fun, positive, collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment
- 3-5 years' experience in online planning or finance required
- Experience with wholesale/franchise business a plus
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Possess a clear understanding of financial metrics and levers, including sales, comp levers, gross margin, and inventory metrics.
- Ability to problem solve independently and through strong partnerships with business partners across the globe; thrives in a dynamic environment with a high degree of ambiguity
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are a must (particularly in Excel where pivot tables and v-lookups will be used extensively)
- Attending late night or early morning calls and some weekends required
Minimum Educational Level
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top