Planner, Merchandise Planning
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
- Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans focused around the seasonal commercial plan
- Collaborate with merchandising to develop and communicate comprehensive strategy that aligns to future financial product opportunities
- Protecting Key product attributes through Franchise exclusives
- Protecting market nuances, such as Reverse seasonality and Hot Markets year around
- Participate in internal and external cross functional meetings and presenting out product level financials and identifying risks and opportunities
- Identify and set financial product benchmarks and guardrails at partner level each season
- Influence partner seasonal investments and sign off partner investment reviews
- Development process and tools
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Able to prioritize workload and time manage
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Comfortable in presenting to multiple audiences (Execute leadership, Franchisee facing and Global teams)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Wholesale experience
- Being able to Travel
- Minimum of 3 years of merchandise planning/buying experience
- Bachelor Degree required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top