Planner, Distribution Planning
GENERAL SUMMARY: Develops and implements distribution plans that support the merchandising, marketing, and financial objectives of multiple departments or an entire division. Collaborates with cross-functional team to ensure appropriate allocation strategies are executed. Language: Fluency in English. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Contribute to the financial success of one or more departments by meeting or exceeding sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals. Consolidate, analyze and communicate size and location-based performance, including sales/inventory comparisons, seasonality and marketing impacts. From analysis, quantify size level volume and profit opportunities. Develop departmental distribution strategies to capture location-based opportunity. Track and communicate availability of inbound receipts. Strategize, supervise and/or execute the release of initial inventories and in-season replenishment to stores. Within the purchase order process, develop best strategies for packing, pre-packs, size balancing and inventory balancing within multiple pools of inventory. Collaborate with cross-functional team to define inventory ownership strategies of basic styles; manage replenishment to meet basics in-stock targets. Work with cross-functional team to ensure timely and accurate execution of new store assortments and quantities. Develop knowledge of geographic and store-attribute performance and trends through data analysis and field communication. Participate in Company initiatives as appropriate. Provide timely, balanced, and actionable direction and feedback to direct reports to foster rapid skill development and performance improvement.
- Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships with business partners across multiple cultures
- Ability to deliver convincing presentations, clearly identifying business issues and decisions
- Able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Possesses a clear understanding of distribution strategies and how to impact them
- Demonstrates good listening, written and oral communication skills, reflecting an appropriate sense of urgency
- Possesses a thorough working knowledge of Distribution systems and spreadsheets
- Able to use a personal computer, including the ability or aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Language: Fluency in English is a must, Mandarin preferred and Shanhaigese/Japanese a plus.
- Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum experience:
- 2-5 years experience as a Distribution Planner/ Allocator (or equivalent)
4) Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to operate excel, Word, PPT
- Experience in Outlet channel is a plus
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top