INTERMIX is your destination for the most sought-after styles from an edited selection of coveted designers. We're known for mixing on-trend pieces in unexpected ways while delivering a unique point of view and personal approach to shopping and styling.
We're always looking for talented, creative individuals with a passion for retail for our boutiques and corporate office.
Are you ready to be a part of something transformative?
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Senior Director or Planning to develop and enhance planning processes and functions needed to run the business more efficiently and effectively, as well as analyze the business in order to identify risks and opportunities for further growth.
- Take leadership role in managing open-to-buy, planning and forecasting processes, planning calendar and development of actionable analysis with main objective of identifying opportunities to drive business from top-line to store level while building, managing and motivating a cohesive planning organization.
- Clearly communicate to Planning and Buying teams the financial objectives, action plans, opportunities, learnings and liabilities of the department in order to enable strategic decision making by channel. Take leadership role in execution of strategies to drive business.
- Recommend SKU and unit department targets based on budget.
- Work closely with buying and planning team to initiate and develop actionable analysis to recap business by classification and subclass at a top-line as well as store level in order to drive sales and achieve gross margin profitability. Identify needs of division from a reporting and process perspective to ensure opportunities are identified and actioned upon in a timely manner.
- Create reports/recaps of the business, develop financial plans and monitor the performance of sales, inventory, markdowns and profit by classification from a top-line to bottoms-up level, including managing the open-to-buy.
- Work closely with the buying team to analyze seasonal merchandise assortments and execute merchandising strategies including creation of sku plans at the Department, Classification and Cluster level.
- Initiate and create analysis to recap business by classification and style in order to create actionable strategies with the buying team in order to drive sales and achieve gross margin profitability.
- Recommend buys based on thorough analysis of retail business prior to each market to achieve increased sales, profitability and sell-thru %
- Monitor and control markdown cadence and aged-inventory levels in order to maximize profitability while achieving necessary sell-thrus.
- Support a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Lead and manage the development of Associate Merchandise Planners while challenging them to be opportunistic about the business.
- Bachelor's degree or work equivalent
- 5+ years of multi-brand retail planning experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and of product trends
- Possess strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Analyze a problem skillfully, formulate a logical rationale for the decision and take action
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency with Excel and advance aptitude for learning technical applications/solutions
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top