Photo Studio - Production Assistant
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love tomake a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position works closely with Photo Managers, Producers, Associate Account Managers, and freelance Photo talent to seamlessly manage the overall production space and resources for the Gap Inc. Photo Studio. This includes managing and booking internal studio space, scheduling FTE and freelance photo talent on daily shoots, reaching out to freelance talent to hold and book photo dates, and maintaining the overall Photography team synergy and space needs. This role should ensure the Photo Studio is functioning within strict production budget guidelines, assessing freelance needs and spend in a strategic manner. Works closely with the Sr. Manager, Photo Shoot Production to maintain synergy between the two Photo Studio campuses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and schedule photography booking requests at Photo Studio, for all Gap Inc. brands, encompassing marketing photography, product page photography, video photography, and testing days.
• Execute and define all shoot bookings and scheduling priorities to optimize studio space and allow for an efficient workflow
• Execute production within financial parameters, maintaining a keen eye on freelance spend.
• Offer creative solutions to space, monetary, and talent challenges.
• Design photo teams to best support creative and brand needs.
• Along with Photo Managers, assess freelance talent performance to consistently book top-notch contributors.
• Develop critical partnerships with Producers, Associate Account Managers, and Photography team.
• Develop critical partnerships with external freelance photography talent and external studio resources.
• Manage the on-boarding new photo staff within our contractor employment/payment system.
• Responsible for tracking and processing invoices, verifying and approving time cards, and following up on payment issues.
• Resource for miscellaneous operational/facility projects or space planning.
• Act as back-up resource for our other photo studio's schedule and bookings. Work with Sr. Manager, Photo Shoot Production to understand the synergy and booking process for Howard campus.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Sr. Manager, Photo Shoot Production. Partners with Photo Managers, Associate Account Managers, Producers.
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Strong project management skills
• Strong organizational skills with extreme attention to detail
• Strong sense of urgency
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to collaboratively work with multiple teams
• Ability to manage changing variables that may impact daily production
• Ability to think strategically
• Possess the necessary insight and foresight to anticipate any potential scheduling/team issues.
• Technical proficiency in PC and Mac OS platforms / Excel, Microsoft Word
2) Minimum educational level/experience:
• BA / Plus
• Previous production and/or scheduling experience
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top