Payroll & HR Admin Coordinator
A FABULOUS OPPORTUNITY TO GROW IN A SUPPORTIVE TEAM
A member of the HR Shared Services Department, you will support the business by providing a professional administrative service to Employees, Business Partners and Third Parties in all aspects of Payroll and HR Administration. You will work closely with our Payroll Vendor (SD Worxs – formally known as Ceridian) adhering to all payroll processes whilst ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time. You will also provide HR Administration support for the business..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculate back pay or part period payments where job changes have a mid period effective date.
- Check the submission of store time and attendance data from Workforce Management and proactively chase up on late returns, tracking and reporting non-compliance.
- Run and submit the monthly interface from the Distribution Centre (DC) Time and Attendance system (Kronos).
- Support and resolve the DC Managers Kronos queries whilst administering and maintaining employee data in the system.
- Submit accurate payroll documentation to our Payroll Vendors through their MCI system using standard templates within the agreed time frame. Involves posting employee documents and ad hoc payment and deduction related data (Court Orders, Phone Deductions, Changes to Pension Contributions, Student Loans, Bonus, HQ overtime and other one off payments that are excluded from any interface).
- Administer agreed employee benefit plans including season ticket loans, pensions, GAYE and childcare vouchers.
- Validate the trial payroll runs ensuring any corrections are submitted to our payroll vendor. Validations include payroll input, Maternity and Sick.
- Run reports and review SD Worxs exception files for necessary data validation ie missing National Insurance Numbers.
- Validate data held so that date is accurate and up to date in support of Real Time Information (RTI).
- Ensure that adhoc payroll documentation is passed to and from Ceridian i.e. P45 / P46, MATB1 within the agreed time frames.
- Support the production of any readiness documentation prior to the Payroll & HR Team Lead's approval of each payroll. This will be done by completing a payroll checklist when processing the payrolls. Involves checking gross to net payments, preparing payroll reconciliations, submitting payroll journals, downloading reports, sending required data to finance and the preparation of the Inland Revenue reports.
- Prepare and make advance payments to correct errors where necessary and approved, and ensure correct notification to our payroll vendor for recovery, including the handling of BACS rejects.
- Prepare the month end bacs run to make payments to third parties.
- Respond to queries from employees, Business Partners and third parties on matters of employee data, pay and tax, and external agencies such as Tax authorities, Banks, National Statistics and Government organisations via telephone, forms, letter or email.
- Communicating with Employees and Managers to recover any overpayments. Authorise and arrange for appropriate repayments through the payroll or write off.
- Work with the Finance Team to process payments and reconcile payrolls.
- Handle the process of password and User ID resets for employees.
- Produce payroll costing information for finance on a weekly basis.
- Receive, sort and distribute paper payslips and other paper based pay documentation such as leaver P45s.
- Maintain and create payroll processes
- Liaise with the Payroll & HR Team Lead regarding any concerns or issues with the Payroll.
- Working to established systems and processes, deliver administrative services including the completion of forms, letters, correspondence, documentation and systems data entry for all employee lifecycle events from new starters to leaver processing.
- Work at all time to Company Policies and Procedures and within the administrative guidelines and SLAs of the HR Shared Services team as well as external vendor agreed timeframes and calendars.
- Provide administrative support for Business Partners in the delivery of significant organisational projects and one off activities, e.g. store closures, openings or organisational restructures.
- Proactively checking and challenging the accuracy of information being entered and held into any systems.
- Accurately enter employee details into PeopleSoft where Passport, MSS or Workforce Management is not available within scheduled deadlines according to the relevant payroll calendar, for new hires, job data changes and terminations.
- Review daily Error reports and work with Store Managers to assist with amendments.
- Updates to the HR System (PeopleSoft) as notified i.e. sickness absences, changes to healthcare plan membership or personal data changes.
- Support the HR Operations Analyst with periodic data cleanses to ensure ongoing data accuracy and compliance.
- Running and providing standard reports as required.
- General filing and administration, including the maintenance of personal files on E-Docs.
- Identifying system issues and taking appropriate escalation actions.
- Processing Payroll and Admin related invoices per company procedure using I-Proc.
- Work flexibly across the team and provide cover and assistance for other Payroll & HR Admin Coordinators as required.
Castle Mound Way
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to manually calculate a payslip from gross to net pay
- Tax and NI principles including end of year requirements
- All employee related data and actions and their payroll implications
- Company policies and procedures affecting payments
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Prioritise and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good administrative skills
- Excellent Customer Service
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Word and Outlook
- Intermediate or above Excel skills
- Team Working
- Best practice HR processes and procedures and all existing policies and associated administration
- HR systems
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Process driven
- Report Writing
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top