Parts Clerk (Part-Time) 1st shift
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
General Summary: This position is responsible for maintaining accurate and an economically balanced Inventory level of maintenance spare parts, tools and material; Functioning as the primary contact for associated vendors; Knowledge of reorder policies and competitive pricing practices; Performs data entry in the CMMS (computerized maintenance management software) requiring knowledge of CMMS systems; Knowledge of PLC and basic computer programming .
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Job Functions
- General understanding of Maintenance functions.
- Perform data entry and effectively utilize standard office software programs.
- Department Safety - responsible for following all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain the MSDS (material safety data sheets) process as it relates to maintenance.
- Maintain the Hazardous Waste process as it relates to maintenance.
- Maintenance Supply Management - ensure all maintenance supplies are maintained in an orderly manner, and at expected levels.
- Obtain and maintain required PIV (powered industrial vehicle) license to operate a Sit-down forklift within 90 days of employment.
- Interface with vendors to negotiate pricing when ordering Maintenance/Repair/Organizational supplies.
- On Target performance of all tasks listed and other duties as assigned.
2. Responsibilities and Evaluation Criteria
- Accurately maintain all aspects of the Inventory and CMMS systems.
- Maintain inventory at expected levels.
- Maintain order/reorder and receiving/shipping of spare parts or material guidelines and procedures.
- Recommend purchasing quantity changes, based on inventory turns, to Maintenance Supervision.
- Process approved purchase request - follow-up on orders and communicate updates.
- Follow the competitive 3 bid process as appropriate.
- Maintain associated maintenance computer & hard files, generate reports as specified.
- Provide procedure training as needed.
- Maintain expected level of cleanliness in all assigned work areas.
Organization Relationships: Maintain open communication channels with the DC Management, Maintenance Associates and Maintenance Management. Work closely with local vendors and contractors to support company projects.
1. Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Promoting teamwork
- Customer focus
- Provide feedback
- Advanced User of Microsoft Office software package - proven skills through past experience, either formal or informal training.
- 2 - 3 years of practical experience as a Parts Clerk is preferred.
- Time Management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
2. Minimum education level:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
3. Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must present professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top