Paralegal, Corporate Secretary’s Office, Gap Inc.
The Paralegal serves a key role in the Corporate Secretary's Office of Gap Inc.'s fast-paced and dynamic Legal Department. The person in this high-profile position will work on confidential corporate and board governance matters alongside the team that supports Gap Inc.'s board of directors. The Paralegal will be a partner to the Corporate Secretary and Assistant Secretary in organizing Gap Inc.'s board meetings, will serve as a source of information to leaders and their assistants throughout Gap Inc., will assist in coordinating with the Finance Department to manage and track the board's budget, and will help prepare materials for regular governance actions by Gap Inc.'s board.
The Paralegal will also be responsible for domestic subsidiary governance, submitting filings to the SEC and NYSE, and other Paralegal duties from time to time.
- Customer Impact
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Drives Results
- Key participant in maintaining corporate governance at Gap Inc., working side-by-side with the Assistant Secretary.
- Extremely planful, proactively anticipates the needs of the board and Corporate Secretary's Office.
- Collaborates with team members both within and outside the Legal Department. Participates in multi-department meetings.
- Shares information broadly – through structured means and in response to ad hoc requests.
- Ability to manage multiple demands with confidence and composure.
- Customer focused, team oriented, precise, and deliberate.
- Works alongside team to effectively support Gap Inc. with its public company and subsidiary corporate governance.
- Drives and facilitates the logistics supporting Gap Inc. board meetings.
- Works with the team in the Corporate Secretary's Office to prepare agendas and minutes.
- Coordinates board and committee schedules and calendars meetings in accordance with governance requirements.
- Assists in the finalization of board materials and effectively disseminates materials to board members and meeting participants.
- Manages domestic entity corporate governance actions.
- Makes public company SEC and NYSE filings, and subsidiary state qualification filings.
- Maintains official corporate records of Gap Inc. and subsidiary board and shareholder actions.
- Maintains governance process manuals.
- 3 to 8 years of corporate secretary or corporate paralegal (significant experience with legal entity management); SEC public company experience is a plus.
- Communicates well, ability to write clearly, share information completely, confident to write and interface with senior leaders when necessary.
- Be open to challenges, take initiative, be proactive, and work well with ambiguity.
- Attention to detail – Double-checks the accuracy of information and work product to provide accurate and consistent deliverables. Provides timely information and in a form useful to those who need to act on it.
- Manages multiple demands at once, works well under pressure. Manages responsibilities confidently as unexpected pressures or issues arise.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain exceptional working relationship with teams, peers, and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced user of Word, PowerPoint, Adobe and board portal software. Experience with Wdesk a plus.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top