Paid Search Marketing Manager, Gap Inc. Global Brands
The Digital Marketing team within Gap Inc.'s Customer and Strategy Team manage global online acquisition and direct response marketing for the Gap online brands (Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Intermix). The Paid Search Marketing Manager, will manage pay per click marketing efforts for search engines, feed based programs and shopping engines for the Gap Inc. brands in the US and Internationally. Each brand is vastly different with unique challenges.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual to make a measurable impact on the online operations of one of the largest specialty apparel retailers in the world. This job will be based at our San Francisco headquarters and reports to the Director of Marketing Transformation.
Gap Inc. is known as a firm that values high performance, but also deeply appreciates the need for work-life balance and personal growth. Gap Inc. is a leader in search marketing. We embrace new industry concepts and endeavor to maintain an innovative approach to search marketing as the industry evolves. You will be joining a team of smart and driven individuals, who work very well together, and independently
- Partner with and manage search marketing vendors to optimize our paid search programs to deliver business results. Provide vendor ongoing direction based on the goals of each brand.
- Partner with marketing managers in each online brand to ensure all marketing programs are being supported appropriately, i.e. search assets are delivered on time, reporting needs are being met, etc.
- Act as key liaison between Digital Marketing and the Gap Inc. Brands online marketing teams' as it relates to search marketing programs.
- High energy, team player who is willing to do what it takes to make our team and programs successful.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and strong presentation skills in group settings and with Senior Management.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
Monitor industry trends, testing, adapting and optimizing SEM strategy using a measurable approach.
- Manage delivery of regular performance reports for search programs, identifying areas of opportunity and messaging out key wins.
- Manage process for tracking SEM programs within our reporting tools. Establish benchmarks and metrics that consistently drive efficiency and effectiveness, as well as understand impacts on online and offline business.
- Work with agency to manage trafficking of all assets for our search marketing programs, i.e. keywords, copy, etc.
- Develop relationships and manage regular calls with our search marketing agency, third party staffing vendors and search engines.
- Continually innovate best practices and source, test, and evaluate potential new sources of high quality traffic.
- Manage and effectively pace large budgets; understand the importance of financial metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of SEM tactics pertaining to core brand search, long-tail branded search, nonbrand search, PLAs and LIAs.
94105•3-4 years direct experience managing paid search programs, preferably at a multi-brand organization or agency.
- Strong reporting and analysis skills. Experience with Adwords, a bid management platform (e.g. Marin) and Omniture Site Catalyst desirable.
- 4+ years of business experience, preferably in online marketing with a strong preference for experience in retail.
- Proficiency in Excel including pivot tables and vlookups.
- Working business knowledge of tag management, tracking pixels, data feeds, partner tracking and data exchange.
- Ability to deal with change with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving. Technical proficiency in common online technologies, including tracking and analytics platforms. Ability to quickly learn and become fluent in new technologies.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills; highly detail-oriented.
- Innate curiosity.
- Competitive for our team's success as a team.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top